Spot of the day, Part 5

keefr22

A trip up to London and back, and the only interesting car was when nearly home - a Humber Hawk.

But then two people said nice car, lovely colour about mine (AE30RF ) so maybe that makes up for lack of spots.

• Like 2

Came across a T-reg Spitfire in BRG today, parked in the road, then shortly after I drove past a body repair shop that had a few vehicles outside in various states of disassembly.   The three I took in were an E12 (I think) 5-series, a Mk2 Fiesta XR2i and a K-reg orange VW type 4 fastback.  I can't remember the last time I saw one of those.

• Like 4

Two Porsche 911 convertibles.  One was a 1990(ish) 964, but the other was an '80s slant nose Turbo!  Both were parked on the forecourt of a garage nextdoor to where I went this morning to get a pair of new tyres for Mrs H's car.

However, seeing them with the hoods up also confirmed that the unused glazing part on the new Revell 911 Targa kit is indeed the rear window for a planned future convertible version.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2021 at 6:57 PM, Six97s said:

a K-reg orange VW type 4 fastback.  I can't remember the last time I saw one of those.

Oooooo is there any photos of the Tuna boat ? I haven't seen one for a while, was it a 412 with the 4 front lights or a 411 with the single light per side? They were lovely cars to drive.

Chris

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Oooooo is there any photos of the Tuna boat ? I haven't seen one for a while, was it a 412 with the 4 front lights or a 411 with the single light per side? They were lovely cars to drive.

Chris

I could only see the back, but I'm pretty sure this is the very same one I saw - came across this while looking for comparison images.  It was on an industrial estate on the other side of town, but if I'm passing again I'll try to get a photo.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/47381765@N04/5744026369/

57 minutes ago, Six97s said:

I could only see the back, but I'm pretty sure this is the very same one I saw - came across this while looking for comparison images.  It was on an industrial estate on the other side of town, but if I'm passing again I'll try to get a photo.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/47381765@N04/5744026369/

Nice  that'll have the single large headlights then as the 412 had twin sets of lights. Would love one of them in my garage, thanks for the link.

Chris

One from yesterday, not particularly wow but definitely one of those which generates a "When did you last see one?" thought - a Y-reg (1982/3) Nissan Urvan converted to a camper van coming the other way on the dual carriageway near York. Finished in black and red and looked like it might have been quite a recent paint job. Sadly that dual carriageway bit means no decent pics on the dashcam.

• Like 1

I think it was a beige Pontiac Aztec that was driven by the main character (Walter White) in the TV series "Breaking Bad".  Someone correct me if I've got that wrong.

Trevor

I think you're right. I also think it's only true to say that the Aztec was the ugliest car in the world - in my opinion the BMW iX has it beat in that regard now, for those who haven't seen it it looks a bit like a parrotfish which has been punched in the face...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Spiny said:

in my opinion the BMW iX has it beat in that regard now, for those who haven't seen it it looks a bit like a parrotfish which has been punched in the face...

BMW had a set of display cars in our town centre a while ago, with petrol engined ones sat next to iXs and it became immediately obvious that the "grille" on the electrics isn't, it's just a pattern painted (decaled) onto the front and it looks awful, especially next to a real one!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

I quite like that.... :whistle:

Designed by Hyundai by the look of if,let's just admit it all these SUV things are all as ugly as each other and basically are just a waste of petrol/diesel engines that'd be better off in something worth looking at...

(moan over)...

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

all these SUV things are all as ugly as each other and basically are just a waste of petrol/diesel engines

I actually do quite like my Suzuki Grand Vitara though, mainly cos it's so easy to get in and out of - it's an age thing! And it's also great fun leaving Audi and BMW owners (I won't dignify them as drivers) who sit on your bumper on any straight bit of road, in the dust as soon as you come to a roundabout or twisty bit of road. It handles quite well for the big old bus that it is!! 

Keith

(I would still rather have a 911GT3RS though...!!)

• Like 4

On 12/31/2021 at 9:41 PM, Beauslx said:

Going through town a couple of days ago, two 72-73 Camaro's. And the worlds ugliest car showed up at work. A 2003 Pontiac Aztec.

spacer.png

That looks like it could be the ugly older sister of my Hyundai Kona! Im happy to admit that my Kona is rather plug ugly but i quite like it 🤣

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

So it's new year, and I went out carspotting on Sunday.
IMG-8764.jpg

Sweet-looking Ferrari FF in what I believe is Bianco Fuji, with what looks like some Novitec parts on it. Used to have Novitec wheels too but the owner who bought it after selling his R8 changed it back to standard. My friend hates FF a lot. I don't understand his views.

IMG-8775.jpg

Then a 720S appeared. The owner once had the Volcano Yellow 12C I posted here before, sold it for this 720S, Huracan, and Aventador. Always a special thing to see 720S on the road, looks like an absolute spaceship.

• Like 3

Meh - go big or go home, you guys. ;) This just in, from Mesa, Arizona:

snapshot-5.jpg?ve=1%26tl=1&xs=1&xtz=300&

Yeah, that's a B-52, although obviously not moving under its own power! Image courtesy of RacerRich, on HS/Plane Talking.

John

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, John Thompson said:

Meh - go big or go home, you guys. ;) This just in, from Mesa, Arizona:

snapshot-5.jpg?ve=1%26tl=1&xs=1&xtz=300&

Yeah, that's a B-52, although obviously not moving under its own power! Image courtesy of RacerRich, on HS/Plane Talking.

John

Heading to AMARG?