Spot of the day, Part 5

keefr22

4 hours ago, MR2Don said:

Now, if that came up behind me in my MR2....😳 I think my rearview would be roughly in line of those six lights.

They eat MR2’s for breakfast !! 

4 hours ago, MR2Don said:

OK, so how did they get that digger on the flat bed with its wheels hanging over?

“No worries mate” as they say down under 😉 

• Haha 4

At the other end of the scale, two tiny K- prefix survivors within moments on the A23 this afternoon. I had just noticed an immaculate white Suzuki Swift GT, when heading the opposite way was a blue Fiat Panda in equally fine fettle. I'm not sure why you would have wanted one new back then, let alone kept it 30 years. Perhaps they are worried about having that new- fangled curved glass in the windscreen.

Matt

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Taking the local cut through earlier, followed a tidy red D-prefix Mercedes 300SL, top down in the afternoon sun, whats not to like? Also red with the top down but rather less subtle, a 17-plate Mustang on the A217. There are plenty of ponies around here, but virtually all hardtops rather than convertibles. 

Finally, and also red, representing the Brits firmly wedged in traffic so I couldnt see the plates- but they were black- an MGB-GT. I do quite fancy one of those.

Matt

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Six97s said:

A really weird thing this morning, appeared to be a shrunken VW type 2, but obviously based on something Japanese.   A bit of digging and it seems it was one of these:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-subaru-sambar/

I can understand if VW didn’t bother to sue Subaru 😂 

• Haha 1

Delivering around North Norfolk yesterday.

Clocked a cream Austin Healey. Six digit number plate so probably an early one.

Up near Cromer was a silver BMW 840/850, and a bright yellow, lowered VW Caddy pick up a little further South.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I had to Google that one as I was only aware of the version with the Sierra front.

The Cortina pickup is much better looking to my eye.

The best thing about them was they were based on estates so had a good sized bed,the modern SUV sized things with four doors and a bed you can just about get a large picnic hamper and a couple of bean bags in to sit on are a pain in the neck...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Six97s said:

A bit of digging and it seems it was one of these:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-subaru-sambar/

I don't know why, but I like that....!! :nodding:

15 hours ago, Farmer matt said:

There is a Sierra based one around here in Martini colours,

There's one round here too, but in rusty, ex-white colours... 🤣

Keith

Spotted yesterday near Alderly Edge,

Not one, but two Lamborghini Uruses (What is the plural for Urus, Uri?) and a Ferrari of some kind, broken down.

Bit of a wealthy area there!

Cheers,

Alan.

• Like 4

Had lunch at a semi country establishment yesterday, quite popular but very pleasant  & in the car park I spotted this.

2022-09-19_07-22-43 2022-09-19_07-23-18

A 1962 model, very well kept and while not totally original, the rego details still give it a 1148cc engine. Passed a 1st series Mustang hardtop on the way back, I think I've reported it before, pale yellow, an unfortunate colour for one of these IMHO.

Steve.

• Like 9

Hi all

A few from yesterday's Grill n Chill show at the Hop Fearm nr Paddock Wood, Kent. 

A lovely day with some amazing cars .

It was my Son's cars first outing , the little  Mk2 Polo.

spacer.png

Very cool Oval

spacer.png

Awesome Dodge Charger Fastback

spacer.png

spacer.png

Don't see many of these about a little Auto Union

spacer.png

Lovely 912

spacer.png

And this amazing handbuilt replica, built from Alluminiun from scratch

This was an awesome bit of kit and sounded fantastic 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Chris

• Like 14

27 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

It was my Son's cars first outing , the little  Mk2 Polo.

That's looking lovely Chris - I bet he was as pleased as punch having her on display there! Good effort! (your blue machine was looking rather good too!)

Keith

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

That's looking lovely Chris - I bet he was as pleased as punch having her on display there! Good effort! (your blue machine was looking rather good too!)

Keith

Thanks Keith, yes he was chuffed, so was I, been a busy couple of weeks getting it on the road and fettled. Drives very nicely now.  There was a lot of interest in it too.

He got asked a few questions by people which pleased him!!!

I can do some of my stuff now😉

Chris 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Had lunch at a semi country establishment yesterday, quite popular but very pleasant  & in the car park I spotted this.

2022-09-19_07-22-43 2022-09-19_07-23-18

A 1962 model, very well kept and while not totally original, the rego details still give it a 1148cc engine. Passed a 1st series Mustang hardtop on the way back, I think I've reported it before, pale yellow, an unfortunate colour for one of these IMHO.

Steve.

That's a really lovely Herald.  I think the non-standard wheels and tyres set it off nicely.

Trevor

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ben Brown said:

I saw this Bricklin in the hardware store parking lot last Sunday. I haven't seen one since the '80s, and this was the first one I've seen moving under its own power. Back then, a local shop had three of them in the back lot in various stages of decomposition.

spacer.png

Ben

I seem to recall seeing one in the car park at (Goodwood?) some time ago. More recently I watched a YouTube 'barn find' video of one. Not the most handsome of cars but their looks get less awkward as the years pass :)

• Like 2

Absolutely loads of interesting stuff Friday through to Sunday, as I live near Chichester, and over the weekend I was driving to and from Worthing each day for a sailing event.  However amongst the usual stereotypical Goodwood Revival stuff, two vehicles really stuck out.  On Sunday morning on the Chi bypass, it was a stunning B plate Ur-Quattro, looking especially '80s in gleaming white.  I haven't seen one for ages, but remember them from when they were new, and have always liked them.

However, the real highlight was on Friday morning, on one of the narrow back lanes out of the village where I live.  Up ahead I saw a large articulated lorry, but didn't think much of it (there is a farm just there), although I did note a large Firebird logo painted on the back doors.  However, as it turned a corner, I could see that it was towed by an American engine forward tractor unit, complete with a mural down the sides of the trailer of the Bandit holding up the stagecoach.  I wasn't close enough to hear if the driver had Jerry Reed blasting out of the stereo though!

• Like 7