Spot of the day, Part 5

keefr22

Seen on the road this morning, a Triumph 2000/2500 in fully rally getup - white, black bonnet, decals, large number '1' on the bonnet and doors.

Later, looking up a company on Google street view, I found this horror:

spot15-vi.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Six97s said:

Seen on the road this morning, a Triumph 2000/2500 in fully rally getup - white, black bonnet, decals, large number '1' on the bonnet and doors.

spot15-vi.jpg

Yes...give me the 2500 anytime!!!

• Like 4

This morning near The Sherwood Forest Center Parcs a black Honda NSX. It wafted down the road at speed leaving a scent of petrol & burnt oil.

The reg plate read NSX too!

Later in Lincoln a black LHD Mini. Maybe an Innocenti?

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Six97s said:

spot15-vi.jpg

No accounting for taste, as the old bid said as she kissed the cow ...

Fancied Fish & Chips today so took a run  over to Filey and spotted this! 

p?i=4161db491195195c9e0ec8ee4dcfb06c

It's been there all weekend doing 'tank rides' on the beach. Tide was well and truly in when we got there so no ride for me! ☹

Regards,

Steve

Edited by fatfingers
  • Like 7

Slightly weird at around 7:15 this morning in Lincoln. 

A cyclist waiting on a red traffic light. Lycra, helmet, and a penny farthing!

Later, near Radcliff, Nottingham, a red Sierra. Saw it again later in the afternoon on the A46.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just back from a week in Ireland and saw very little, other than the Subaru meetup at Toddington last Sunday morning - more Subis there than at any dealership.

However, just out of curiosity, there's this, Porsche 911 from above, taken out of the window of Dublin Art Gallery.

52088568134_bcc584cd26_b.jpg

• Like 10

Last week lots of Golf GTIs descended on my locality (there's an annual event which has been cancelled again this year but they turn up anyway); this weekend seems to be the turn of the sports and supercars. Ironically the rarest sighting during the GTI meet was a bright lemon yellow Citroen Dyane van. Last night I was followed home from the pizza takeaway (which incidentally had a spotless early Beetle convertible in the car park) by a new Porsche with racing spoiler, painted white with classic Martini livery. Today I encountered what I'm pretty sure was a Maclaren supercar and then an immaculate looking Lancia Delta with full body kit and spoiler in black Martini livery. Need to pick up my daughter soon and have won brownie points from the wife for being today's taxi driver - haven't told her I'm actually keen to go out hunting for more automotive exotica!

• Like 5

Here's a couple for you...

gv6w6Ei.jpg 

This one was spotted by my Son. Totally original K reg (71/72) low mileage. It's fifty years old for goodness sake!

Sy3KhAL.jpg

Norwich yesterday. Dodge van (80's?) Note the illegal Brit reg on an American style plate!

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Here's a couple for you...

gv6w6Ei.jpg

Now, is it just me, or is that much more of a Range Rover than the current selection with cut down roofs and I even spotted a soft top one in C'Ford.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MR2Don said:

Now, is it just me,

I'm with you there. The Mk 1 is the Daddy and does it for me far better than anything they've done since. A Proper motor!

The one shown lives less than ten miles from me. Oh for a lottery win!

• Like 1

I’m not really keen on e-types, but a pale brown metallic S1 roadster admittedly looked nice when it passed me and my dog on our morning walk.  Not sure Bo appreciated the characteristic waft of burnt 20w/50 though!

Then a nice grey/blue Midget passed by whilst I was filling up. Had a cage etc and sounded rorty, was a bit quick to decide if a track car or a restomod.

• Like 5