Spot of the day, Part 5

keefr22

Very nice and tidy in our local B&Q car park. don't suppose he was in there buying  sheets of plasterboard. Saw it a bit more when leaving and it's wire wheels were beautifully polished.

52059047740_6612870c29_b.jpg

• Like 6

On the way to Milton Keynes I was behind a transporter with three, brand new yellow American cabs and one, green and white liveried American police cruiser. They all looked very nice but not like old, restored models.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fnick said:

Whilst waiting for a WWII flightpast down by Southampton docks

A very nice car I had never heard of! 😁 A Buick Skylark

Those silly wheels aren't doing a lot for it, are they?  Why do people always think bigger is better? Anything over 15" just looks out of proportion.  🙄

• Like 1

Out for a Sunday drive this afternoon, saw a Cobra replica,, an '87/'88 Mercedes S class and two MkI MR2s - a silver C-reg and a red E-reg.  The black MkI that's local has also reappeared, but now wearing rear window slats, a snorkel scoop and white wheelarch flares.  😶

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have to confess to having quite strong opinions concerning fitting huge modern wheels with skinny low-profile tyres onto 60s and 70s American classics.  It is only a personal opinion but to me they look horribly out of place on a car of that era.  I'm all for restomods and fitting stylish custom wheels but keeping the wheel/tyre proportions to something resembling those of the era can enhance the look of the car whereas huge wheels and low profile tyres just end up looking a little silly on them IMHO.

• Like 4

Spotted today heading south at the top end of the M11 a red Daimler Dart on the back of a flat bed Transit (or similar), and later on, heading north on the M11 (just south of Stansted), a dark blue Wolseley 1800 keeping up with the traffic with apparent ease.

Trevor

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Six97s said:

Those silly wheels aren't doing a lot for it, are they?  Why do people always think bigger is better? Anything over 15" just looks out of proportion. 

Unless, of course, you have a Mk2 MR2. This requires 225/50R15 tyres of which the range is extremely small. so...most people go to 16" or 17" wheels.

On 5/7/2022 at 4:56 PM, MR2Don said:

Interesting pair at Chelmsford Museum car park.

Now, which of these do you think is the more elegant?

Don't complain about the MR2 parking, it's murder trying to see out the back of one of those and I was determined not to clip the Porsche as the driver was still in it.

Diesel as well, it was. A diesel Porsche! Whatever next!

52056592456_d956435c6d_b.jpg

So, a big thank you to all who said mine is the better looker. I can only agree!!!🤗

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MR2Don said:

Unless, of course, you have a Mk2 MR2. This requires 225/50R15 tyres of which the range is extremely small. so...most people go to 16" or 17" wheels.

Sure, on a more modern car where they suit the design.  It just looks out of proportion on old cars.   Same with Cobra and GT40 replicas - they look more muscular with 15" wheels.   Big wheels and rubber band tyres look daft on them...

• Like 1

OK, I know it's cheating, but...

tonight 7pm, they're repeating "Rick Stein Secret France" along with his lovely (photogenic) Porsche 911. Oh, how I would love to drive through France in that!!!😍

• Like 3

Interesting one, An Aston DB11, but look where it's parked.

Outside my dentist in an area marked out with yellow lines, the only parking spot with a lamp and TC are the practice Leader's initials, also on the front of the space as AFC.

Need I Say more!!

52066073063_1903bac227_b.jpg

• Like 5

Sunday was gorgeous weather and a trip to Headcorn Aerodrome saw some crackers

Gorgeous Square back

spacer.png

Another favourite, a cute 356

spacer.png

A beastie, looks awesome and sounds just as good

spacer.png

A cracking unmolested GTI Cab

spacer.png

A nifty Beach buggy

spacer.png

A ratty Dodge Coronet

spacer.png

A couple for @keefr22

spacer.png

spacer.png

This Model A was a beast and very loud

spacer.png

A cracking Jurgen conversion

spacer.png

And finally a Henry J, looks awesome

spacer.png

spacer.png

It was a great day,  no Spitfires flying though which was a shame. 

• Like 11

Kinda cheating (again) but I finally met my first Ferrari F8 Spider in real life. Looks fantastic but sounds like a base Civic 1.5. Guess we have OPF to thank for that.

IMG-0654.jpg

IMG-0680.jpg

Owner said he's gonna replace the exhaust soon. Hopefully it'll sound way, way better with new exhaust.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tyas said:

Kinda cheating (again) but I finally met my first Ferrari F8 Spider in real life. Looks fantastic but sounds like a base Civic 1.5. Guess we have OPF to thank for that.

IMG-0654.jpg

IMG-0680.jpg

Owner said he's gonna replace the exhaust soon. Hopefully it'll sound way, way better with new exhaust.

There was a Pagani ZZZonda at Bicester the other weekend and the owner/demonstrator kept reving it every so often . Sounded as flat as the proverbial.  Modern exhausts for you !!!

Gary

• Like 1

1 hour ago, von Race said:

Rusting in peace, or pieces, not far from my house. Sad sight as it's almost 100% complete. The interior is a mess, but it's all there. spacer.png

It is a shame to see it in that condition. Is that a Lancia Flaminia coupe next to it?