Spot of the day, Part 5

keefr22

Lovely day today and just right for spotting these two. Seen at Perrywoods, Tiptree

First, this beauty, and I mean beauty, the paintwork was immaculate.

IMG_4388

and just look at where it's been!

IMG_4387

and the back end.

IMG_4386

and then, when I was leaving, I spotted this - chalk and cheese, right!

IMG_4389

and, of course on a sunny day, the top was down!

IMG_4390

• Like 10

I forgot it was the first of the local pubs classic car meets last night, so by the time I passed by to the IPMS meeting there was “only” a lovely yellow Delta Integrale HF and an immaculate pale blue Cortina mk 5 outside.

• Like 2

Spots over the weekend.

Maroon TR6,

Wolseley 16/60 Farina

2 x orange MGB GTs

Orange and white Mk 1 Cortina

On the A 11 a hot rod of some sort in a layby with a supercharged V8 poking out of it. Could not identify it as I was driving. Sounded nice though.

• Like 3

I went to Bicester Scramble yesterday, Sunday . A huge choice on offer , unfortunately I felt this event is trying to be like Goodwood without the racing cars . I was most comfortable on the airfield where the best choice of cars were , the cars among the buildings being swamped by too many people . Limited ticket sales and a relaxed atmosphere was once the appeal of Bicester ; obviously more must now be available as the huge number of people there shows . Anyway here a few pictures , with everyday cars mixed with poster cars . 

52029543360_ee932a0fdf_c_d.jpg
52029281514_50b04e91ee_c_d.jpg

52029281299_8fe435b219_c_d.jpg
52029543190_6db76c7d59_c_d.jpg
52029068063_66055f251e_c_d.jpg
52029281084_9105269b1c_c_d.jpg
52029067883_e0d6e410af_c_d.jpg
52029542715_6650b9732e_c_d.jpg

Thanks for looking 

Gary

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, klubman01 said:

And a Brabham Viva.  That must be a real rarity these days.

Trevor

I tried to get the info board in the shot , very interesting car . It was part of a Brabham display , David Brabham was present , Sir Jack's youngest son . 

Gary . 

• Like 3

Anzac weekend here & a heap of spots, probably some I've forgotten but unrecorded were a 1967 (approx) Chev Impala coupe, dark iridescent green & looking & sounding superb & Chev Corvette C3 in lemon yellow with shiny side pipes & a sound to go with them. A couple I stopped to record were firstly a rather neat 1980 Marina 1700 estate, it appeared to be very original or else very sympathetically restored, not sure why you'd bother though.

IMG20220424141524

IMG20220424141549

& one we saw while having a picnic at a nearby beach area was this VW, not big in taste but huge in style to my eye. :D

IMG20220426143023

Steve.

• Like 6

On 4/26/2022 at 6:52 PM, Vesa Jussila said:

Not from today, but something from weekend.

Really nice Citroen

cVqKkq0.jpg

I was surprised to see this Volvo in Berlin

BtKVn9C.jpg

You wait all year for two gold  Citroen SM’s to come along …….

52032542632_72c9887a28_c_d.jpg

This one was at Bicester on Sunday . A gorgeous car . 
Gary . 

• Like 13

Sorry, no pictures as I was on the train going past it parked in a car park beside the track so wouldn't usually bother posting, but when was the last time any of you saw a Fiat Strada (Ritmo for those on the continent) out in the wild? This one was black and the twin headlamp version which I think (not an expert on them by any stretch of the imagination) means it was a later version.

Also saw a 1980s BMW 6-series in someone's back garden (which is probably best described as a project) from the same train. Not to mentioin a matt black Rolls Royce Ghost (why???) in London, and a very nice shiny TVR S2 when I got back.

• Like 5

Could it have been a Strada Abarth 130 @Spiny? I’ve seen a couple of articles about them recently featuring (different) black ones, and the Abarth is probably more likely to be a survivor than a cooking one, even if they were rarer in the first place…

best,

M.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Could it have been a Strada Abarth 130 @Spiny? I’ve seen a couple of articles about them recently featuring (different) black ones, and the Abarth is probably more likely to be a survivor than a cooking one, even if they were rarer in the first place…

best,

M.

I have to admit that that my first thought was whether it was an Abarth, but I didn't get enough of a look to be sure. For those in Hertfordshire, the car was in Cheshunt so keep your eyes peeled. For me, I will just have to remember to sit on that side of the train next time work takes me down that line and keep an eye out just in case.

5 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Yeh I know, nerd here recognised the rear slats....!! :nerdy: 🤣

Guilty as charged here too :blush:

• Like 3

A Bristol 2 litre, a Morris 1100, an Austin-Healey 100/6, an MGB and a BSA and some others last sunday at the spring oldtimer meeting in Munich.

I have made some pictures as usual and updated a gallery at the Revell community that I have started some years ago.
So if you would like to pay a visit to

Oldtimer, Youngtimer; Exoten - enjoy!

• Like 2

A Riley 21/2 Litre roadster (more usually known by the factory chassis coding as an RMC) in primrose yellow a few cars ahead of me on my drive home from work earlier this evening.  Strange looking cars, as despite being a two seater \(or three seater if column change), they used the same wheelbase chassis as the RMB saloon.

• Like 2