Spot of the day, Part 5

keefr22

Just popped into Banbury and saw a orange MGB driving along the road

Went to Texaco Garage and at back being washed was a Maroon Jaguar either a 420G or a Mk10 in cracking nick by the look of

• Like 4

Visiting Cookham with Mrs T and daughter and saw a Mk1 Standard Vanguard in a yellow-brown shade, drove past us and then saw it with the bonnet up in a garage with a 2CV for company. Also in the same village what looked like a Triumph Mayflower in black (like most of them seemed to have been). 

• Like 4

Doing usual carspotting on Sunday, met some cool stuffs like a modded Evo VII, Huracan and FF. But this Karmann Ghia is probably the coolest.

IMG-8877.jpg

But hey this Huracan is cool too. And sounds ungodly.

IMG-8921.jpg

• Like 6

On Sunday, whilst filling up my daughter and I were bemused by the old boy's Mk.3 MR2 at the pump ahead.  It's suspension was jacked up some 4 inches or so, it was on narrow Steelies and had a frame on the rear with a reversing spotlamp, perspex plate (badge holder?) and spare wheel carrier.  I guess it was tricked up for trialing but it was an odd look for one of the cars.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, malpaso said:

On Sunday, whilst filling up my daughter and I were bemused by the old boy's Mk.3 MR2 at the pump ahead.  It's suspension was jacked up some 4 inches or so, it was on narrow Steelies and had a frame on the rear with a reversing spotlamp, perspex plate (badge holder?) and spare wheel carrier.  I guess it was tricked up for trialing but it was an odd look for one of the cars.

41 minutes ago, MR2Don said:

Odd handling as well!!!

Yes, I imagine so.  There’s another MR2 like this described on the 750MC website.  After thinking about it, I guess the short wheelbase and weight over the rear make it quite a good base for trials.  And most trials machines or road cars set up for trialing look like they’d be a handful on normal roads.

Gave way at a roundabout in Tiverton this morning. 4 horse power. Actually 4 horsepower - pulling an open carriage with a driver and two passengers.

Driver didn't even indicate he was going right; honestly, no consideration. It's not like he had his hands full of reins or anything 😉

Not the sort of things you see every day, and made me smile more than any super car would.

• Like 4

So unusually I went to Jakarta today for some business discussion with my friend. What I did not expect is seeing this thing.

272838640-1013366602599074-2753444471201

I always love Porsche 911, but the 991.2 Speedster is my absolute dream 911. My goodness it looks amazing.

• Like 2

You're all very lucky that I forgot to put the dashcam in the car this afternoon as coming the other way was the most useless and hateful "car" ever to stain Britains roads. A vehicle I haven't seen for a few years and which I thought/hoped had all gone to the great crusher in the sky. A vehicle with no redeeming features, one which is slow, ugly and when it comes to safety you're probably better more likely to escape injury by setting fire to your underpants while wearing them than having an accident in one of these. Checking howmanyleft when I got home I was extremely disappointed to see that there are just over 200 of these steaming piles left on the road, I'd really hoped that they'd all gone.

Yes ladies and gentlemen, I regret to say that I came across a G-Wiz 🤢

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Spiny said:

You're all very lucky that I forgot to put the dashcam in the car this afternoon as coming the other way was the most useless and hateful "car" ever to stain Britains roads. A vehicle I haven't seen for a few years and which I thought/hoped had all gone to the great crusher in the sky. A vehicle with no redeeming features, one which is slow, ugly and when it comes to safety you're probably better more likely to escape injury by setting fire to your underpants while wearing them than having an accident in one of these. Checking howmanyleft when I got home I was extremely disappointed to see that there are just over 200 of these dog***ds left on the road, I'd really hoped that they'd all gone.

Yes ladies and gentlemen, I regret to say that I came across a G-Wiz 🤢

Can you even call G-Wiz a 'car' though? That would be an insult to real car.

• Haha 1

I had to look up what a "g-wiz" is but now I understand the comments. Autoexpress says:  It had the performance of a sleepy vole and the structural integrity of your slippers. 

I had to laugh at that last bit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, keefr22 said:

But tumble dryers are useful....!! 🤣

Keith

True,if you look at it like that so are pot plants compared to a G-Wheeeez...

Some things have to be posted.

Edited by Vince1159
  • Haha 6

13 hours ago, JeroenS said:

I had to look up what a "g-wiz" is ...

You lucky, lucky person...

13 hours ago, Tyas said:

Can you even call G-Wiz a 'car' though? That would be an insult to real car.

Technically if you're in Britain and want to sell one the answer is no you can't. It fell so far short of meeting even the most basic safety requirements for a car that it was sold as a quadricycle instead... which meant you could drive one at 16 rather than 17. Obviously a great move for reducing risk:(

Realised reading back that I was so busy getting annoyed at its sheer existence that I missed out the worst bit which was where I saw the thing. It deserved to have been seen where no self-respecting car should be seen but no, I had to go and see it about 50m from the Ace Cafe 😢 The sacrilege...

• Haha 5