Spot of the day, Part 5

keefr22

On 07/11/2021 at 14:52, Julien said:

It’s 1.47 for petrol here!

Crumbs, Julien, yours is cheap !

I've seen £1.509 for petrol, £1.539 for diesel round these parts.

• Confused 1

I had 2 Volvo 360 GLS'. Same lump with a Stromberg carb. Never had a problem with steering or the brakes. Went like stink. came home from Newcastle one Saturday evening. 300 miles in 4 hours down the A1. It did drink a tankful of fuel doing it mind.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

My daughter's just paid £1.59 in Four Marks, Hampshire

It's ridiculous.

As far as I am aware, there isn't a shortage of oil for refining, anywhere.

Our recent hiccup was created because one company (Shell?) had a temporary shortage of drivers.

Our local petrol stations (North Worcetershire) never had any shortages, a manager in Sainsbury's in particular told me that when it was a t the hewight of the media frenzy they never ran out and had to shut the petrol station down.

Why does thos old cynic think someone's making hay out of the general public?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Whofan said:

Why does thos old cynic think someone's making hay out of the general public?

Same reason this one does! Wasn't profiteering a crime during WW2...??!! 

We had no real problems down here either, just a few queues - my daughter on the other hand couldn't get diesel for nearly three weeks !!

Keith

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Camwader said:

Today’s Sainsbury’s interest - a Midas Mk2, a late ’70s development and restyle of the ’60s Mini Marcos. Appropriate sticker as it was built from kit.

Isn't it parked in the same spot as the AC last week? Same owner? Not yours are they....?! :)

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Whofan said:

Our recent hiccup was created because one company (Shell?) had a temporary shortage of drivers.

In fact it was down to the shelf life of the E5. They had a surplus of it going 'out of date'* due to the low sales following the Covid lockdowns. They put the rumour out, so everyone bought all they could store, and emptied the tanks, which were then filled with fresh stock, and E10.

This came from a friend who works for a supermarket forecourt. She knew when the deliveries were due, and how long the stocks would last.

*Fuels go stale after a period of time, and the Ethanol makes it worse. Diesel gets a mould over time, which needs to be balanced as it affects the ph value.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Camwader said:

Today’s Sainsbury’s interest - a Midas Mk2, a late ’70s development and restyle of the ’60s Mini Marcos. Appropriate sticker as it was built from kit.

That's the same spot the AC was in - has it got a sign saying "Park your unique car here, please"😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Isn't it parked in the same spot as the AC last week? Same owner? Not yours are they....?! :)

Keith

Keith, Yes, they are mine. I couldn't find anything in the rules to say that you're not allowed to 'spot' your own car, so I thought I'd wing it and see if anyone guessed. This pair have lived together since early 2008.

11674252325-6fb1e0ec9b-o.jpg
11674500293-dcf28c2f6a-o.jpg

Edited by Camwader
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Camwader said:

Keith, Yes, they are mine.

Do I get a prize? I'll have the Midas please! Although the AC is rather lovely too....!! 🤣 Cracking pair of classics, they look great together! :)

29 minutes ago, Camwader said:

I couldn't find anything in the rules to say that you're not allowed to 'spot' your own car

Don't think there are any rules! I think I posted a pic of our Mini a fair while ago too! 

Keith

• Like 3

Not cars I know,but they are vehicles,and they were parked up in Tenterden High.St. on poppy duty last weekend.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

My son who was in the army asked if they were lost,but they managed to park outside Costa Coffe without too much trouble!

Chris. 

• Like 8

Spotted in the car park of Scale Model World at Telford yesterday.

y4mu6r_nElYrxRGHgubrzfoMWpdMfh33T8KOSDHx

A nice BMW 8 series, this is what I'll always think of when you say "8 Series BMW" even though there are more modern versions.  Dark blue is probably my favourite colour for this car and although I'm no fan of lattice-style alloy wheels they do suit the BMW very well.

• Like 10

Fuel here in north Bucks,  BP 1/2 mile away Petrol 150.9 and Diesel 152.9 and have been for some weeks. The diesel I buy from Tesco is  149.9. 

On 11/15/2021 at 8:46 AM, johnlambert said:

Spotted in the car park of Scale Model World at Telford yesterday.

y4mu6r_nElYrxRGHgubrzfoMWpdMfh33T8KOSDHx

A nice BMW 8 series, this is what I'll always think of when you say "8 Series BMW" even though there are more modern versions.  Dark blue is probably my favourite colour for this car and although I'm no fan of lattice-style alloy wheels they do suit the BMW very well.

Nice, a friend of ours has the 850i in Maroon Metallic.

• Like 1

A Morris 1000 van while I was heading to work today. Waiting to pull out of a suburban side street, no sign writing on it but middle aged driver in overalls, maybe his everyday car was in dock. Very tidy in mid to dark blue.

Steve.

• Like 4

Classic Car Show at Little Easton again yesterday.

first of all, A dolly sprint.

IMG_3903

Then an Alpine A310 - pretty rare, I think.

IMG_3900

An X1-9

IMG_3901

A pair of sunbeam Talbot, a sort of Before and After photo

IMG_3926

One of around 5 Lotus Esprits. Thought this was the most interesting one, in race trim.

IMG_3897

And it's engine, sorry about the reflections. It made the hell of a noise when he started  it up.

IMG_3898

Two imps and a mini. The blue smoke clearing from the middle one is it fading away!! don't know whether he blew it up by trying too hard getting there!!

IMG_3907

And a better view of them

IMG_3908

I took my MR2 there

IMG_3902

Because I thought - It's bound to be the only one there, but there was this!!!

IMG_3896

Not a glimmer of rust on it anywhere, which is quite rare for a Mk1.

And  there was this, bearing its London-Brighton number on the back.

IMG_3927

This tells you what it is.

IMG_3929

and an engine shot

IMG_3930

and its interior. And he drove it into the place.

IMG_3927

Two of a 1950 Moggie.

IMG_3910

You can just make out the mud splattered along the near side bonnet, explains why later ones had wraparound bumpers!!

IMG_3909

Remember I posted recentl about an Orange Porsche, well, I think this is it.

IMG_3924

And a VX220 - not a common sight.

IMG_3906

A pretty enjoyable day out. Might go again next month.

• Like 12