Spot of the day, Part 5

keefr22

Another boring hatchback from the supermarket car park...

y4mac01TxKy2HUsFKJlsyS6_cZIx3xuE_1-G-T14

Slightly scruffy BMW Z3 M coupé.  I'm not sure if I actually like the Z3 M coupé, but it would be the Z3 I'd have if I had to have one.

• Like 6

On 17/10/2021 at 19:25, MR2Don said:

and steel 5 1/2 J's - nice!!! I love to see an old Cortina on those.

Wheels can make or break a car.   The owner of that '55 needs a slap - anything over a 15" wheel looks stupid

Edited by Six97s
  • Like 1

Two spots on a very wet M4 on the way to pick up Hampshire grand-daughter who's staying with us for half term. This morning a new shape 18 reg 5 litre Mustang in white with Martini stripes - I thought it looked ace and asked the missus if I could put Martini stripes on our (white) Focus - no reply, just a stony glare. She was probably right as usual....!! 🤣

And on the way home in the usual gridlock before the Newport tunnels a really lovely classic BSA bike on a trailer. I have no idea what variety it was but it looked a bit miserable sat in the absolute downpour we were having at the time!

Keith

• Like 2

On 10/24/2021 at 2:24 PM, johnlambert said:

Another boring hatchback from the supermarket car park...

y4mac01TxKy2HUsFKJlsyS6_cZIx3xuE_1-G-T14

Slightly scruffy BMW Z3 M coupé.  I'm not sure if I actually like the Z3 M coupé, but it would be the Z3 I'd have if I had to have one.

Definitely an M Coupe, this. The bumper and wheels are giveaway clues.

• Like 1

Last Saturday we were supposed to have a car-meet event, but the venue was just too far away from my home, not very accessible with public transport. But I got this.

IMG-7641.jpg

Pretty sure this Supra isn't powered by 2JZ-GTE. Instead it's powered by... family.

IMG-7653.jpg

This though, an NA1 NSX with Regamaster EVO II sets, was the one that forced me to go out for carspotting that day even though I have yet to take a bath. Owned by the same guy who drove a grey A80 Supra I posted once before.

• Like 4

A strange one today:  what I thought was a Vauxhall Maloo pickup, but this one had four doors.   Red, 05 plate, looked Holden-based.  Any ideas?  If it's still there tomorrow I'll see if I can stop and get a photo.

Edit: seems it's a Holden Crewman.  I've never heard of a Vauxhall version, but I'm sure it was badged as one. Not really my cup of tea...

d9b7bc2d0bb2483a74c964d8a6b4d917.jpg

Edited by Six97s
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, Six97s said:

A strange one today:  what I thought was a Vauxhall Maloo pickup, but this one had four doors.   Red, 05 plate, looked Holden-based.  Any ideas?  If it's still there tomorrow I'll see if I can stop and get a photo.

Edit: seems it's a Holden Crewman.  I've never heard of a Vauxhall version, but I'm sure it was badged as one. Not really my cup of tea...

d9b7bc2d0bb2483a74c964d8a6b4d917.jpg

Those look like Holden badges on the wheels (granted it's not easy to tell). The Vauxhall and Holden badges are quite similar from a distance so could easily be mistaken.

1 hour ago, Spiny said:

Those look like Holden badges on the wheels (granted it's not easy to tell). The Vauxhall and Holden badges are quite similar from a distance so could easily be mistaken.

Yeah, that's a photo of a Holden I found on the web, not the one I saw.  You're right though, the badges look similar at a glance, so could well have just been a Holden...

Edited by Six97s

A strange day. Both cars heading towards me where I couldn't get a proper look. Both outside Ipswich

However, pretty sure one was a Plymouth Fury like this

PLymouth-Sport-Fury-2.jpg

The second one was I assume a hatchet job.

Imagine a white Merc G Wagon, with a Rolls Royce grille, and a Landau roof aft of the C pillar in black vinyl/cloth, complete with sweeping hinge bars.

Any clues?

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

pretty sure one was a Plymouth Fury like this

Gorgeous!

Two spots from me today. In a car park in Peterborough, a Mk2 Cortina Estate in pale blue.

As we left Peterborough at the bottom of the A15, a pale green Anglia Estate.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

A strange day. Both cars heading towards me where I couldn't get a proper look. Both outside Ipswich

However, pretty sure one was a Plymouth Fury like this

PLymouth-Sport-Fury-2.jpg

Very nice!

44 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

The second one was I assume a hatchet job.

Imagine a white Merc G Wagon, with a Rolls Royce grille, and a Landau roof aft of the C pillar in black vinyl/cloth, complete with sweeping hinge bars.

Any clues?

No idea but I'd rather not try and imagine such a creation!

• Haha 3

Down in Dorset today there was an old S2 Land Rover and a v-reg Mini City in the car park.  The mini was unusual in being virtually stock apart from the Mountney wheel we all fitted so we didn't look like a bus driver; it still had the steelies and hub caps, no signs of cooper-wannabee.

On the way back some large old Wolseley and a nice mk2 Granada passed the other way.  Outside a house in Corfe there was a very original Frogeye with hardtop and steels, looking complete but needing a lot of TLC

• Like 5

Its the same as the Beaufords.

Based on a Ford Transit rolling chassis with mostly fibreglass bodywork.

Early ones were on the rwd Transits

Unfortunately, some owners managed to get old number plates transferred over on to them then they passed these cars off as real 'vintage' vehicles

That one in the picture is on a Northern Ireland plate. Often used to hide the year of the vehicle from GBers

T is the year, XI is the county

The first letter is always the year and the next two letters are the County, Belfast having 4 'Counties' and each County has 3 or or 4 letter combinations

I'm not sure but I think XI is County Armagh and the T is is fairly recent, maybe about 2014 to 2017

But the vehicle is much older, early 1990s maybe

• Like 3

A Ferrari Testarossa on an E reg, rhd & red with tan interior, in the carpark at work...  Sounded really rather nice when it was started up & driven out!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Camwader said:

A rare British classic in Sainsbury's this morning.

IMG-20211103-084819.jpg
IMG-20211103-084807.jpg

I like that, never seen one before and initially thought kit car, but surprised when I Zoomed in and saw tge badges. That would look great in my garage!!!

• Like 2