Spot of the day, Part 5

keefr22

4 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Very cool! Doubt it's real on a J plate....unless it was another DVLA Local Office foul up....!!

Huh, Mot History says it's an MX5!

So it wasn't only MR2s that pretended to be Ferraris๐Ÿ˜€

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 10/8/2021 at 5:57 PM, Mr Mansfield said:

That one looks like a beauty

And so it should. I think I'm OK to tell you this, but it's first reg in 2016, lives in Highgate, has 4,800 odd on the clock and did 800 miles last year. It's photographed in Hyde Hall car park, so he brought it that far, at least.๐Ÿ˜‰

• Like 1

Apologies if we've had this car before, but I took the photo today.

ย 

y4mN-pDhgykAI3MhjHjLZEtuER7LyVz8vTvlzkgA

Aston Martin DB6.

ย 

I've also seen a few classic (pre-impact bumper) Porsche 911s yesterday and today but I was either driving or it was too dark to photograph.ย  But the 911 I saw today (about ten minutes ago) was a 911 L and seemed to have an electrical fault as neither the offside head lamp nor the corresponding side lamp were illuminated.

• Like 10

A trip to Yeovil down the 303 saw a nice red Sunbeam Alpine wearing a hardtop, a rorty red TR6 also with hardtop and an MGB GT (green).ย  And multiples of each generation of MX-5.ย  I would complain about all these sports cars with the hood up in the sunshine but it was a bit parky so my RF was closed for the A303. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Also nearing home a green low-light Minor and a white 68 (F-reg) 911 which looks very nice (I see it quite often around).

I also keep seeing a slightly battered but original S1 Landie parked up in various places round Winchester so it must be in regular use.

• Like 4

On the way back from Tesco's click & collect just now, very shiny black Audi Coupe GT (the 'fire up the quattro' shape!). Think I've seen it around a few times, but never this clean - it looked lovely!

ย 

Keith

• Like 2

No Aston pics today, but it was the last Gaydon gathering of the year.ย  I've taken a few photos but only a couple seem to want to upload.

ย 

y4mfMb5LNVWTn18CF931L3eQ3MaAZlBThwa3dAw5

This is a Riley, apparently.

ย 

y4mtN_sxFdaUG3AiOoVFV2FwpzkikIwAL0cdUgCr

And a very austere but somehow charming Mercedes-Benz 190 "Fintail".

• Like 8

Finally, got some more uploaded.

ย 

y4mKYyx6B1GBPI53P8GhZgotcRF8SokBCCanYegC

One for @MR2Don

ย 

y4mVhPQeqLfNO9awNytsqmJO3akQNAIKYr7rWq-c

Daimler Sovereign

ย 

y4m_sHvQzgABEvoK4ZzZG4GYjJdD9Gcsp3OMd1b2

I saw this Triumph TR4 drive past my road on the way here.

ย 

ย 

y4mkUA9wnEEYqBw3x_x1ebqOG5aiizAfiM8urLHw

MGB GTs, both V8s (I checked the orange car's registration with the DVLA).

ย 

y4m-1i60LnykGB-xjdQfTrK8RVaUO7E9-Encu7MW

Another MGB GT V8.

ย 

y4mfHWlnvkiOpo89oqPmKPSOpZW6rbsY-t1HnCCS

And keeping with the Rover V8 theme, a 3500S.

ย 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Vince1159 said:

What's the one next to the Sovereign,she'd make a nice replica Staff Car...

That would be a Standard Vanguard Phase 1 from the late 1940s or early '50s (I think).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, johnlambert said:

That would be a Standard Vanguard Phase 1 from the late 1940s or early '50s (I think).

I suspected that it was a Standard of some kind...

ย 

Cheers,

Alan.

• Like 1

Very nice TR4, but what is that thing behind it, over it's left shoulder, which seems to be covered in numbers and looks to be quite sporty.

13 hours ago, johnlambert said:

ย 

Edited by MR2Don
  • Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 9:57 AM, Escaflowne said:

ย 

I wish to share with you some pics of the Normandy Beach Race at Ouistreham with some crazy cars.

Many thanks to people of all country who came to this fun race, Belgium, Netherland, UK, USA...

ย 

Love them all...but especially that super-tasty chopped and channeled '28 Ford! Great stuff!

15 minutes ago, MR2Don said:

Very nice TR4, but what is that thing behind it, over it's left shoulder, which seems to be covered in numbers and looks to be quite sporty.

ย 

Pretty sure it was a GTM or similar mid-engined Mini-based kit car.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MR2Don said:

ย 

It's the former CCC magazine Cox GTM.ย  They sponsored it in the late sixties/early seventies, IIRC.

ย 

At at about two thirty, turning into Tesco's in Sleaford, I caught a brief glimpse of a Renault Spyder.ย  I remember watching their one make race series back in the day, but it's the first time I've seen one on the road.

ย 

Trevor

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just found a picture of the CCC magazine Cox GTM.

ย 

spacer.png

ย 

That's Richard Hudson-Evans (magazine editor, and race driver) on the right.ย  Don't know the bloke on the left.

ย 

Trevor

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, johnlambert said:

Finally, got some more uploaded.

ย 

y4mKYyx6B1GBPI53P8GhZgotcRF8SokBCCanYegC

One for @MR2Don

ย 

y4mVhPQeqLfNO9awNytsqmJO3akQNAIKYr7rWq-c

Daimler Sovereign

ย 

ย 

ย 

y4mkUA9wnEEYqBw3x_x1ebqOG5aiizAfiM8urLHw

MGB GTs, both V8s (I checked the orange car's registration with the DVLA).

ย 

y4m-1i60LnykGB-xjdQfTrK8RVaUO7E9-Encu7MW

Another MGB GT V8.

ย 

y4mfHWlnvkiOpo89oqPmKPSOpZW6rbsY-t1HnCCS

And keeping with the Rover V8 theme, a 3500S.

ย 

I was happy seeing the MG V8s but the P6 is lovely and a manual tooย  my dad had a few of those and used to throw you back into your seat under hard acceleration,ย  would love a decent one of these.ย  There used to be a two seater convertible not to far from us too with the spare wheel on the boot, a Crayford conversion me thinks. Great photosย 

Thanks John for the happy memories

Chris

• Thanks 1

A day with some driving through the leafier parts of the Home Counties usually produces some spots of exotica, and today was no different with numerous Bentleys, Maseratis, Aston Martins etc.ย  and today was no exception along with a Ferrari California and McLaren of some designation. Also a 1990 Porsche 911 (with whale tail spoiler :) ) plus a few older ones which did come out ok on the dashcam - so I made a small collage of the clearest. Also seen were a Bentley Arnage on the back of a recovery truck and the Amersham Mobile Museum:

ย 

https://amershammuseum.org/the-mobile-museum/

ย 

Speaking of the little dashcam collage, I had presumed that the Ferrari 500 TRC was a replica, but having looked it up and given where I saw it I would say it is probably the real thing, in which case I doubt I will ever see another one on the public road again. The Rolls looked absolutely immaculate while the Volvo was in very good condition for something which is over 30 years old and looked to still be in regular use.

ย 

51585446756_f4b5c35137_b.jpg

• Like 6

On 12/10/2021 at 20:33, johnlambert said:

No Aston pics today, but it was the last Gaydon gathering of the year.ย  I've taken a few photos but only a couple seem to want to upload.

ย 

y4mfMb5LNVWTn18CF931L3eQ3MaAZlBThwa3dAw5

This is a Riley, apparently.

ย 

The chassis is - from a 9hp.ย  However, the radiator grille is most certainly not though, and the chassis has been shortened considerably too.

• Thanks 1