Aoshima 1/350 Takao Heavy Cruiser

MRMRL

I've only recently joined you fine folks here at Britmodeller, but I have quite a few completed models I'd love to share with you, since my wife has no interest in "enjoying" the fruits of my labour. So when I have some time I'll start with some of the more recently completed items. Here be the Aoshima 1/350 Takao, for which I used the Flyhawk photo-etch set to improve the finer details. I finished building this one back in April this year after a few months effort. It all went together fairly well, although the etch set instructions were terrible, so there are a few questionably described items that I had to deal with/makeup. The resin turrets were probably the best part of the whole set, almost worth the shonky instructions - they are so much better than the plastic originals. Overall I'm happy with the final product, a nice addition to my Japanese WW2 fleet - hope you enjoy :) 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 20

Very nice build, clean and tidy which is the way I prefer myself, 

I feel your pain re the lack of appreciation from her indoors, when I mention anything related to the hobby the normal response is 'they're all the same to me..grey on top red in tbe bottom'

Thanks everyone for the comments.

1 hour ago, S-boat 55 said:

Very nice build, clean and tidy which is the way I prefer myself, 

I feel your pain re the lack of appreciation from her indoors, when I mention anything related to the hobby the normal response is 'they're all the same to me..grey on top red in tbe bottom'

The most appreciation the hobby gets at home is "I don't know how you have the patience", which is nice, but it's great to share with others who enjoy the craft 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Adm Lord De Univers said:

Well it is grey on the top and red on the bottom, but this is a very tidy and impressive build. One question though, can C (?) turret rotate past /clear the superstructure (and yes those turrets are quite divine)?

David

Hi David, true about the red and grey for sure here. And C turret does swing past the superstructure, it's tight, which probably means it had a clear amount of room at full size 😃

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...