Kinetic Sea Harrier FA2

Thanks for all the kind comments people . Nick, thanks for those photos too.. I couldn’t find any profile pics when I was building it, only oblique shots, and Kinetic don’t provide any definitive locations for the shoulder pylons  Based on those I will shift the missiles back as per the landmarks in @exdraken and @NG899 posts 

Bruce

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pacificmustang said:

Thanks for all the kind comments people . Nick, thanks for those photos too.. I couldn’t find any profile pics when I was building it, only oblique shots, and Kinetic don’t provide any definitive locations for the shoulder pylons  Based on those I will shift the missiles back as per the landmarks in @exdraken and @NG899 posts 

Bruce

a second alignment landmark would be the missiles tip. definitely behind the lower intake lip and in front of the front landing gear strut...

this is another nice view:

Sea_Harrier_on_HMS_Illustrious_(R06)_in_

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f0/Sea_Harrier_on_HMS_Illustrious_(R06)_in_Persian_Gulf_1998.JPEG

interesting by the way that the Sea Harrier had Amramm long before the RAF Tornado F3 fleet!

• Like 3

Happy to help Bruce, thanks for that shot too exdraken.

Worth noting that in most FA2 vs Tornado F3 training engagements the SHAR pilots won hands down, or rather Tornados down. They had BVR and, unless surprised by the faster F3s from 6 o'clock, could win quite easily. FA2 pilots also used to easily better the F15 folks up from Lakenheath on most occasions...

RIP the Last All-British Fighter

(AMRAAMs and AIM-9L/Ms excluded!)

Cheers

Nick

Edited by NG899
  • Like 5

That's a great looking Harrier dirty just like they were on carrier operations. I use glue called Clearfix by humbrol it's specifically for clear parts I started using it a few years ago and haven't looked back it'll not fog up the clear parts like canopies and windows. I've never had an issue with it. You did a great job of fixing the issue as if not mentioned you'd never know you had to fix it.

• Like 1