1/72 Mitsubishi F-2A & F-2B by Fine Molds - F-2A & F-2B Released

Stilwell

• 1 month later...

A few more CAD images from Twitter plus a F-2A/F-16A outline comparison done by Twitter's goshikiken with the following statement.......

"I made it based on the image on the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries website. JASDF F-2 and US Air Force F-16, shape comparison of both fighters. It seems to be similar but not similar. It seems that the wing area has increased by 25% from the F-16, which contributes to the increased loading capacity of air-to-ship missiles and fuel tanks, turning performance, and flight stability at low speeds / low altitudes."

HiVue8j.jpg

Hs7gSV6.jpg

Xkvdj4w.jpg

NVEMvT4.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

Has the two seater been mentioned, before I buy a Hasegawa one?

I have not seen any mention of it by FM and those CAD images are not revealing enough. I will take a B if or when it comes about. As with some of their others releases I would be surprised if they didn't do one.

• Like 1

It's new kit announcements like this one that make me wish I was comfortable with 1/72 scale. Unfortunately, tiny parts give me problems. For those who ARE comfortable with 1/72 scale, I hope this kit proves to be a joy to build.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, baldwin8 said:

Spurred by this FM release Model Art is re-releasing there Profile issue on the F-2. Check the usual Japanese online shops, it is available for pre-order.

Having had this book on my shelf for years, it is highly recommended for anybody interested in building a F-2. Even though I cannot read Japanese, the pictures and drawings are more than worth the price of admission.

Hoops

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Very exciting but pricing of that kit would like over 50 euros I guess?!

I stopped being excited about new releases some years ago because of the astronomic prices.... even Airfix which originally claimed to be a cheap manufacturer started charging super high price tags

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rudolf Korachkin said:

Very exciting but pricing of that kit would like over 50 euros I guess?!

I stopped being excited about new releases some years ago because of the astronomic prices....

HobbySearch, a leading Japanese based online shop lists this kit at 2890 ¥, and their currency converter brings that to 22.25 Euros. Considering the level of detail of Finemolds kits and their labour costs in Japan, I think that is a very good price.

It's okay, get excited again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Seeing the break in mid fuselage maybe indicates a F-2B due as well.

From the Japanese modelers I follow on Twitter who attended this event, Finemolds answer to a follow-up of a F-2B was dependent on sales of the A. Even with a decent kit already by Hasegawa I believe Finemolds will do a B. There is a growing number of special schemes on the F-2A.

TwQBRCQ.jpg

• Like 5