Bentley 4 1/2 litre Blower in 1/12th scale - may contain Airfix.

nick

Just reprinted the inlet manifold in hi-res, so hopefully will get rid of all that nasty stepping. Mostly got the SUs drawn today too. Now they’re finished, I’ve managed to get them oversize somehow, so tweaking required. Don’t know what happened there. 

pictures later. 

Nick

I think I've spent too long looking at this now, I can't decide if the proportions are correct or not. Might be time for a break!

51553937427_c2913442b2_h.jpg

51555463424_d836ca51dc_h.jpg

Nick

• Like 8

Got around to taking some proper photos today

51564780663_33350292d5_h.jpg

51565224384_6852c2ff77_h.jpg

51564536961_e693073d8c_h.jpg

51565472130_7834c91db4_h.jpg

51564784908_f34654005c_h.jpg

51563750217_f46ace2df1_h.jpg

As is always the case, spotted some bits that need tidying in the photos.

Regards,

Nick

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

That's just breathtaking Nick!    Hope there's a nice market for them.

• Like 1

Blimey, that's come out well, looking incredible Nick, you have done a remarkable job on this, all it needs now is a liberal coating of straight mineral oil !

I'm looking at the photos and trying to find something that doesn't look quite right, and I cant see anything off at all !!!!!!!!!!!!, the camshaft drive, cross shaft gear area is exquisite.

Simply stunning

Cheers

David

7 minutes ago, Dancona said:

I'm looking at the photos and trying to find something that doesn't look quite right, and I cant see anything off at all !!!!!!!!!!!!,

Even the bloody cam cover? :) praise indeed, thanks David, that's the ultimate accolade if you can't find anything wrong.

Regards

Nick

• Thanks 1

I've almost completed the CAD work for the engine now. I have completely redrawn the supercharger and carbs and I'm a lot happier with everything now. A lot of printing to do tommorrow then!

51570504459_913244614f_h.jpg

51570748400_cfb02766d3_h.jpg

51569030917_ac4cf261d1_h.jpg

51569838431_c66d287e77_h.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Nick

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Dissappointed you haven't used the space in the middle of the clamp band!!🤣

Seriously, very interesting to see the print plate.

(PS I think the carb dash pot tops look a bit too tall - The narrow neck for the damper housing)

M.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Malc2 said:

Dissappointed you haven't used the space in the middle of the clamp band!!🤣

Seriously, very interesting to see the print plate.

(PS I think the carb dash pot tops look a bit too tall - The narrow neck for the damper housing)

M.

Turns out it was a bit much, I think I’m starving of resin, so need to be a bit less greedy. 

hear what you’re saying about the Dashpots, every photo I look at is slightly different, these are based on Birkin SUs I found.

51572540242_6d1a0f6aa6_h.jpg

you pays yer money and takes yer chance. 

if you can find views of all 4 sides of a closer match you’re doing better than me!

Nick

• Like 1

Yes, good point, the carbs do seem to vary a lot, even between blowers, e.g. a lot of them have a different flange to the blower with only two fixings.

I guess carbs are one of the things that are changed a lot during the life of any specific car due to wear and 'performance upgrades'.

Malc.

Just bit the bullet and joined the Elegoo Jupiter kickstarter program while the big discount is still available. So big printer next spring, that should put the cat among the wosnames to paraphrase Mr Pratchett. 

Nick. 

• Like 1

51576801869_9011442e58_h.jpg

51576362693_7bb926221c_h.jpg

I know what you're going to say, black wire is on order!

I was asked for a comparison shot with the airfix item so here it is

51575314102_3cd0b2966b_h.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Nick

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Mpfiend said:

That looks fantastic.

Will you be producing an engine stand, so that modellers can display this by the car if they like?

Best regards

Keith.

Possibly - if I knew what one looked like! yes I've seen the enormous dynamometer setup for the continuation series, but that's a bit much I think!

Nick

• Like 2

You keep raising the bar ever higher Nick.   Just incredible detail.   I'm usually left wondering how you did this or that in Fusion.   Now that I don't use it any longer I'm starting to forget how things were done.   Did the purchased version bring you any new tools or could you do most of this with the free one?    Anyway, your skill level with Fusion is what is setting you apart from others with printers.

Frank

Hi Malc, I've just found your Bentley build, I'm normally found in the aircraft section. Your renders are exquisite but as an ex aircraft mech, your wire locking leaves a lot to be desired.  The locking wire should transit from the one side of one nut to the opposite side of it's opposite number almost a figure of eight. I think you might have to draw and print a wire locking tool! (ha).

There is lots of enthusiastic input from the crowd, which I think is helping you.

As an ex industrial modelmaker, I'll follow your build with interest.

Colin