LSP hacked

Kagemusha

I spotted an email saying they’d been hacked early this week and let Kev know. I was probably one of dozens, but I took the view that if we all assumed he’d been told, he might have remained ignorant of the fact longer. Glad to hear they’ve got it sorted. I’ve no idea why anyone in their right mind would hack a site, but I do know why some seriously mentally unwell people would. We’ve had it before, after all. :mental: 

• Like 2

What the world needs is grumpy ol' buggers like me to hand out the punishments to those dog bums that do things like hacking innocent websites.

I prefer medieval style punishments that leave permanent mark and scars.

Chris

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dogsbody said:

I prefer medieval style punishments that leave permanent mark and scars.

Like removing body parts, such as heads ...

(No, it probably wouldn't kill it - this type keeps its brains further south!)

• Like 1

Since the hack, and theft of email addresses, I have been bombarded with reminders my McAfee payment is due/overdue/suspended etc, and several 'friend' requests form the usual suspects.

All I can say is they must be desperate for friends. :whistle:

8 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Since the hack, and theft of email addresses, I have been bombarded with reminders my McAfee payment is due/overdue/suspended etc, and several 'friend' requests form the usual suspects.

I've had the same. One would have expected LSP to encrypt email addresses as a minimum.

On 26/09/2021 at 07:19, bentwaters81tfw said:

Have you rescued that Nigerian Princess yet ?

She must be getting on a bit by now, going by the number of years she's been sending out those emails  :clif:

• Haha 2

On 9/26/2021 at 3:41 PM, Tomjw said:

I've had the same. One would have expected LSP to encrypt email addresses as a minimum.

I suspect that's not down to the LSP administration so much as the host. Here, touching wood, nothing untoward has come my way yet.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Have you rescued that Nigerian Princess yet ?

She must be getting on a bit by now, going by the number of years she's been sending out those emails  :clif:

Sadly not, her hair remains short and fuzzy, I believe, not long and flowing, so I can't make the climb.

• Haha 1

• Julien locked this topic