Hasegawa F-16 MLU Dutch Airforce

Dads203

Cheers Kev :thumbsup:

AN/AAQ-28 Litening pod now blocked out. Primed and sprayed with gunship grey. I hit the sensor head with some chipping fluid and before the top coat  added some MRP 

Zinc Chromate primer colour. I then chipped up the back of the sensor head to reveal the base primer coat, more painting still required yet but its looking okay. Sensor head is stowed with the back in the airflow so some photos I’ve seen show this to be battered up. 

P1090926

P1090927

P1090928

P1090929

• Like 5

Decals - Eduard what have you done !! 

These had to be the most frustrating decals I've ever applied to a model, they shattered and broke apart with just a stern look ! 

I did wonder why they give you two complete sets for one Pod, now i know why :frantic:

Some have a chunks missing but its the best I could do. I was even contemplating looking for a set from the Hasegawa weapons set to use. 

I will seal them in with some varnish and do some gentile weathering once dry. 

P1090941

P1090940

P1090939

P1090938

P1090937

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Cheers Chaps, 

Slow progress but the 131 pod is painted and decalling has started.

Decals for this Brassin part are much better than the litening pod and are behaving better.

Made the RNLAF decals from an old sheet with roughly the same font as Pod other decals, you only get USAF 

with the Pod .

P1090947

P1090944

Hit these decals again with Daco Strong solution and get the other side done now.

• Like 6

Last of the decals on, not sure what to make with the Eduard decals - these ones behaved okay and the carrier film has disappeared 

with some Daco strong solution but the litening Pod was mare. I'll get these sealed in and then both will get weathered up.

P1090958

P1090957

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, robgizlu said:

Dan - Kev mentioned you were doing this - I had no idea - Hugely impressive :thumbsup:

We seem to have got all airplaney ..............I'v just finished my GR.5 

Trust you are well

Regards

Rob

Cheers Rob,

Just a break from the norm to keep on top of my skills and refresh them, did see the Gr-5 and its another very fine build mate- proper quality build.

Dan 

• Like 1

Update time, so a bit more done on the Viper :thumbsup:

ECS exhaust scratch built, my kit only came with and early version so out came the plastic card.

Intake has now been glued on and blended in the rest of the fuselage. Nose gear bay painted up ---- Badly, not happy with it at this point so might revisit 

later. 

Flaps modified so they can be dropped.

P1090972

P1090973

P1090979

Scratch built 131 pylon added, not 100% correct but close enough. 

P1090980

Main wheels painted up, still require some tidying up yet and weathering.

P1090983

Nose gear leg detailed, painted and decalled up. will get weathered up later, just needs a blast of MRP gloss ready for some subtle oil washes. 

P1090978

P1090977

P1090976

P1090975

Enjoy 

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Dads203 said:

A quick question to those in the know, were the Dutch F-16's using the standard main gear doors or the bulged doors?

Standard doors. With the MLU update the landing lights were moved from the MLG struts to the nose gear door, to prevent them being blocked by targeting pods around the intake.

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excuse the pun but that's a very impressive rack!

Looking at your little chap and I've a feeling your flesh tones have "gone off" he's looking rather grey!

Excellent detail work, as usual.

Atb

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

Guys, cheers for all the comments B)

@simmerit later fella - work is limiting my time in the workshop :weep: Hope the hollybobs is going well.

@Pappy I found the info on the LM website and seen a few photos of Klu Vipers using the TER to carry two ELGTR rounds. I have also seen a single round carried on a Harris MALTs 2SN twin practice bomb carrier. 

https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/products/enhanced-laser-guided-training-round.html

@Jasper dog defo not up to my usual flesh painting standards mate 

@Hook Nose gear door lights are on my todo list 

Regards

Dan 

Found this little gem of a web site, loads of Klu F-16s 

http://www.runway28.nl/2017_03_29_EHLW_EN.php

If you click on the trip reports at the top it goes back to 2000 so it’s great source of ref material for all western airforces.

One picture of interest that I have found is a F-15C carrying a Sniper pod ? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Guys, cheers for all the comments B)

@simmerit later fella - work is limiting my time in the workshop :weep: Hope the hollybobs is going well.

@Pappy I found the info on the LM website and seen a few photos of Klu Vipers using the TER to carry two ELGTR rounds. I have also seen a single round carried on a Harris MALTs 2SN twin practice bomb carrier. 

https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/products/enhanced-laser-guided-training-round.html

@Jasper dog defo not up to my usual flesh painting standards mate 

@Hook Nose gear door lights are on my todo list 

Regards

Dan 

Awesome, thanks Dan!

Pappy

• Like 1