Sikorski H-19/S-55 Chickasaw 1/48 MikroMir/AMP

Vit Grossmann

Oh yes, this is such a long awaited type to get a decent injected kit, especially in 48th.

Renders look really nice.

Even if Mikromir don't cover it I'm sure aftermarket will deal with HAS.7 and turbine Whirlwind SRS 3, HAR.9/10.

Really hope this sells like hot cakes!

2 hours ago, sniperUK said:

Early straight tailboom but looks like the joints give the possibility of cranked versions to come, doesn't look like the deep fuselage with torpedo Bay for HAS.7/9 is an option though. 

I forgot the fuselage changed slightly too....

Did the tail rotor stay in the same position when the boom was drooped?

1 hour ago, wellsprop said:

I forgot the fuselage changed slightly too....

Did the tail rotor stay in the same position when the boom was drooped?

No, it effectively dropped the tail rotor position slightly with it, it was brought about by rotor tip blade strikes with the tail in some circumstances.

The tail fin was changed in the process and a straight tailplane replaced the original inverted V type,and these are a good recognition points for the later boom type.

The Italeri/Revell kit featured both types of boom, I would think that Mikromir will cater for it aswel.

It was the one major modification to the basic structure, all other differences were confined to such things like engine grills, exhausts and small changes to the windscreen layout.

The naval HAS.7/9 featured a recessed torpedo bay of course.

Edited by 71chally

I'm looking forward to this one, but what happened to the AMP HH-43F!?  I guess they decided on a more universally used aircraft kit before the '43'.  Bummer... 

🙄

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I am constantly monitoring them and last info is they are slowly resuming the business / production. Also they restock items even the transport takes now weeks.

I believe Ukraine will win this war.

This copter and all others will come to life!

Slava Ukraini!

Edited by Vit Grossmann
  • Like 12

• 7 months later...

Really wanting a 1/48 RAF canary yellow Whirlwind. As a kid back in the 1960s, I used to watch the No.202 Sqn HAR.10s fly in and out of RAF Acklington, near Amble. Really want a miniature version back in my line of sight.

Tony 

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/mikro.mir.dnepr/posts/pfbid0hqRFG73U9TnDXgmjxycFm24FYHubNV4urXwWsM1Hb9hur4VAxrWVsgQyQ5aQqEbyl

Test sprues & 3D parts.

AMP Sikorsky S-55. 1/48. Some of the forms are already ready. The first test frames.

There are also ready-made parts for 3D printing. They will be in the basic configuration.

426514849-775777391238680-78073622469725

426507609-775777451238674-40912110711639

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Happy to see correct nine-cylinder engine this time :D as this is the same engine as used in Kaman HOK-1/HUK-1 and in their 1/48 kit AMP put.... 10-cylinder engine would be good if they sell correct one separatly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...