KORA resin, Swedish Tummelisa Ö1 (Thumbalina), 1/72nd scale...

1 minute ago, John Masters said:

Thank @helios16v  I am trying to make it as easy as possible.  Moving house can be a stressful experience.  

I hear you.  I love the adventure of moving to a new place...though I hate the aspect of the physical move itself.  I need to start prepping now as I'm probably looking at moving close to 3000 miles in 3-4 years.  :blink2:

8 hours ago, helios16v said:

I need to start prepping now as I'm probably looking at moving close to 3000 miles in 3-4 years.  :blink2:

That's a big change. Funnily enough I'm only moving about 500 meters from the apartment I have rented for the past 6 years to the house I bought and renovated last winter/spring/summer.  Still, moving furniture is the same, whether it's 500 meters or 3000 miles.  I am fortunate in that I don't have to vacate the rented flat until the end of December, so I can take it piecemeal.

• Like 4

On 15/10/2021 at 12:13, John Masters said:

I daren't show you what's behind me.  It only proves the depths pf my insanity

I'd  be crushed by a mountain of kits if what was behind me became unstable, i hope you settle in well john

I'm hoping that I get back to the bench soon.  I am off island for the next five days, as of tomorrow, for work and then the following week I make the final move from my little flat to the house.  Busy busy...In a week-and-a-half I am hoping to be living there, sleeping there and modelling there...thankfully these GB threads don't end until November!  Please forgive the delay!

--John

On 10/16/2021 at 5:26 PM, John Masters said:

It's very stable.  It's my mind that needs support...🤪

I showed this picture to the guys at the LHS here in Athens and they assured me that I am still very much an amateur.  They actually laughed at me, in a good natured way, of course.

• Haha 2

Back at the bench. I would like to finish this build and the Sopwith Tripe over on another thread before Sunday evening.  I think I can do it.

I have added the landing gear and the interplane struts.  I have also drilled the holes for the rigging.   I will prime the parts and then paint, then attach the upper wing to the struts.  Then I will build the cabane struts to fit with plastic strip.  That's really the easiest way to do it.

51635662062_dafe990e8d_c_d.jpg

51636488931_145982594c_c_d.jpg

--John

• Like 7

OK.  Back at it.  I gave Thumbalina a coat of linen-ish looking Vallejo Air.  It's actually more yellow in the image.  LED lights, I think.  

51647213979_d279f98a4a_c_d.jpg

Then the next day (yesterday) I hand painted the struts medium grey and the cowling and metal areas aluminum.  The cheeks got some 'wood' tone.

51645730612_4c047ebeab_c_d.jpg

51645730622_5c14dcfaeb_c_d.jpg

I think tonight I will attach the upper wing and build the cabane struts piece-by-piece.

--John

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Paramedic said:

better than me! Which ain´t saying much but.. ;)

I've seen your builds mate.  You can't fool me!  Museum work...😃

Cabane struts.  Easy as pie.

51654718686_869a721315_z_d.jpg

Plastic strip cut to size.

51654941028_ce443942d8_z_d.jpg

--John

• Like 6
  • Haha 1