Duxford Battle of Britain display - Saturday shots

canberraman

My first Duxford air display for around 10 years, and what a great day it was!  Highlights for me were the three ex RAF/FAA Westland helicopters now in private hands, and of course the 15 strong 'Bader Wing' Spitfire/Hurricane balbo that was the climax of the event. On with the show.

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

img

Thanks for looking! C&C always welcome.

Mark

• Like 10

44 minutes ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Great set, Mark! I love the two Mustangs rolling out!

I'm have only looked at my images from the first few displays on Saturday and still have another 1000 or so to download from Sunday!😲

Many thanks Leigh!  All I can say is thank goodness for digital photography. Hate to think how much film we would have had to pay to process back in the day!

Mark

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, canberraman said:

Many thanks Leigh!  All I can say is thank goodness for digital photography. Hate to think how much film we would have had to pay to process back in the day!

Mark

🤣Quite so! I recall my dad being most displeased when I exposed a whole roll of 36 exposures on the RAF Police Dog Demo Team at the Royal Tournament! Little did we both know that I would spend many years working as a dog handler!!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Dogtail2 said:

Great shots. I like the Triplane dogfight.🙂

Thanks Dogtail2.  The Great Warbirds display team put up a great show that reenacted the battles of WW1

1 hour ago, ckw said:

Nice pics - interesting looking show ... almost 'Flying Legends' by another name?

Cheers

Colin

Thanks Colin. I had no idea what to expect really but there was indeed a splendid showing of warbirds and more Spitfires than I can remember seeing in many a year. Only disappointment was the lack of the modern day RAF but believe the Typhoon was at a show elsewhere.

Mark

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alt-92 said:

Excellent shots :) 
Hopefully next year we can travel somewhat easier again. 

Thanks Alt-92!  I agree, there is a desperate need to start travelling again and living life like we once did.

Mark