Duxford Battle of Britain Air Show September 2021 - now with added "Historic Helicopters"!

Alpha Delta 210

6 hours ago, mick said:

great pics thanks for posting

6 hours ago, Paul J said:

Some of the best shots seen here! I love the 'misty' pics.... very moo. WIsh I had gone to the show but completely forgot.

5 hours ago, Swamp Donkey said:

Tiger Moth and Hurricane line up got me all, well, misty eyed

sorry, coat collected

SD

Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen! I'm pleased that you enjoyed them. Sorry to rub it in Paul, but you missed a good 'un.

• Like 1

• Alpha Delta 210 changed the title to Duxford Battle of Britain Air Show September 2021 - now with added "Historic Helicopters"!

Here are some more images from the excellent Battle of Britain Air Show last weekend. I loved the war birds, but after the poor weather that I experienced at the Historic Helicopters Open Day in Chard, I was delighted to see three of their helicopters sharing the air space over Duxford.

DSC_5419bw.jpg

DSC_5714.jpg

DSC_5724.jpg

DSC_5989.jpg

DSC_6043.jpg

DSC_6486.jpg

DSC_6510.jpg

DSC_6636.jpg

DSC_6647.jpg

DSC_6680.jpg

DSC_6581.jpg

DSC_7005.jpg

And finally, I have edited a few from Sunday when the weather was rather different! The Whirlwind went tech for the display on Sunday, but was able to fly back to Chard before the "Big Wing" display.

DSC_8166.jpg

DSC_8145.jpg

DSC_8110bw.jpg

DSC_7925.jpg

DSC_7755.jpg

DSC_7725.jpg

DSC_7720.jpg

DSC_7518.jpg

20210919_094942.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, JohnT said:

Some really great photos there and thanks for showing and Playing Misty for Us. Those photos in particular are very atmospheric. I could see a future in those commercially. Aye they are that good 

Thanks very much, John. I'm really pleased that you enjoyed them. Misty? Foggy? I'm happy to oblige! My wife couldn't understand why I wanted to get there so early, but the misty shots were the reward! Thanks again.

3 hours ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Thank you for giving us more high quality pictures Leigh, really terrific - do I take your job us professional photographer??

Colin

Hi Colin, I am delighted that you enjoyed them! It really was an enjoyable show with a real feeling of normality after the ordeal of the past 18 months or so!

It is very kind of you to think that I am a professional photographer, but I am just an enthusiastic amateur photographer who loves aircraft!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaveJL said:

Excellent pictures as always mate! BoB airshow is on my bucket list!

Thanks very much, Dave. I'm really pleased that you enjoyed them! For me, the highlights were the newly-restored Hangar 11 Russian Spitfire, the Historic Helicopters and of course, that "Big Wing"! I often forget to shoot video, but fortunately I remembered after the first pass of the Balbo because the sound was wonderful!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So many fabulous photographs. 

The light at Duxford can be a real challenge but you've coped beautifully. 

Like many others I'm glad you included the atmospheric and moody misty shots. All too often aircraft photography can feel a smidge clinical. Those images show artistic flair too. 

One that caught my eye among the myriad classy pics is the Sioux dripping with condensation. The bubble is perfectly delineated by the trickling water. Smashing. 

Isn't the Whirlwind such a cheery Helicopter? 😄

Thanks for sharing these rather lovely captures.

Edited by geedubelyer
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, geedubelyer said:

So many fabulous photographs. 

The light at Duxford can be a real challenge but you've coped beautifully. 

Like many others I'm glad you included the atmospheric and moody misty shots. All too often aircraft photography can feel a smidge clinical. Those images show artistic flair too. 

One that caught my eye among the myriad classy pics is the Sioux dripping with condensation. The bubble is perfectly delineated by the trickling water. Smashing. 

Isn't the Whirlwind such a cheery Helicopter? 😄

Thanks for sharing these rather lovely captures.

Thank you so much for the kind words.  I am delighted that you enjoyed the pictures (and the Sioux in particular!)

I recently created my annual photo book which gives the impression of a "normal" air show year, but in reality most of the pictures were taken at the numerous Duxford "Flying Days"!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 21/12/2021 at 21:23, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Thank you so much for the kind words.  I am delighted that you enjoyed the pictures (and the Sioux in particular!)

I recently created my annual photo book which gives the impression of a "normal" air show year, but in reality most of the pictures were taken at the numerous Duxford "Flying Days"!

Is that a paper book? 

I wouldn't mind seeing a few pages from that if you have the time. 

Cheers and a very Happy Christmas.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, geedubelyer said:

Is that a paper book? 

I wouldn't mind seeing a few pages from that if you have the time. 

Cheers and a very Happy Christmas.

Here are a few poor quality phone shots of pages from my 100-page A4 lie-flat photo book ordered from Photo Box. I create one every year, and usually find there is more variety than the past two years!

I get a great deal of pleasure flicking through the pages, rather than swiping or clicking on a screen!

Season's greetings.

AVvXsEiYEV9xxkOfu9ZZQXKKHaB8bi-PoCePhbvg

AVvXsEiyU9ZhrYc1mNkZ5Tbof9cLrqfuoq3QwMzP

AVvXsEiS7uG0BOzlD1YW7UT1HnycrrFyANT6yQzU

AVvXsEgxp-f6IdoL7EMVZ7KxHUHP-UiQF-I9yMrt

AVvXsEhpbFWY863wHVeDmNMGZrliaRugA-qP2sJo

AVvXsEhXLwtd-rJ4AtzKGEL3ZM2m4M5oaG6ka-rZ

AVvXsEjfpEDcUsAof05knmnrtYGTECV_eUF_ohaU

AVvXsEiJX6U43zeqH88FH7NkSrRt8CqWOSRdepJt

• Like 6

Hello L,

Those images from your personal photographic memories are STUNNING... SUPERBLY laid out with absolutely  AMAZING  photographs  of all kinds of Aircrafts. 

{ Everyone will now go copy your idea Alpha Delta 210.

:rofl2:       :wicked:   }.

:wow:  :heart:

Awesome  way to preserve your memories and look back when you want to..

Thank you for sharing  

Your  efforts are greatly appreciated. 

Have a super fantastic  MERRY CHRISTMAS. 

:worthy:    :worthy:

HOUSTON.

• Thanks 1