Civil Herc..conversion of original tool Airfix kit

wallyinoz

A project that was a germ of an idea 40 years ago when I was an ATC at Nadzab Papua New Guinea. Tranamerica operated out of there for a few months hauling mining equipment up into the Highlands , I was quite taken with the scheme and hankered to make a model of it. Two years ago I bought an original Airfix kit complete with Bloodhound and 11 months ago I started the conversion. I sourced an old built model wreck that was the source for the fore and aft fuselage plugs that were needed to stretch the model. Bit of filling and sanding (a bit! jeez heaps!) masking and decal design and production was required, Construction was completed today, I just have to dirty her up a little and of course finish the stand.. I took just one pic before the battery went flat.

51493542275_b2201720d2_h.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

That looks excellent Wally, what a beauty! And how satisfying to have it finished after all that time. For a moment I thought it was the other kind of ATC and I thought that was a pretty big field trip!

Dare I ask what happened to the Bloodhound parts?

3 hours ago, k5054nz said:

That looks excellent Wally, what a beauty! And how satisfying to have it finished after all that time. For a moment I thought it was the other kind of ATC and I thought that was a pretty big field trip!

Dare I ask what happened to the Bloodhound parts?

hi Zac, the Bloodhound went to a mate of mine, cheers wal

• Like 1