Deck Crew Figures - which period?

HansReggelsen

Hi All! :D

I have these figures (and their 1/72 version) and have wondered what - or when - to use them to: :hmmm:

spacer.png

I bought them to be used with an Airfix 1/48 Lynx (which I don't have anymore :doh:) or a Kinetic Sea Harrier FA2 (which I don't have anymore :doh:).

Which period do they fit? How far back can I go? Can I use them with a Wessex? Sea King?  :hmmm:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• Like 1

Hi Hans

I've always thought that the kit they are wearing is typical of the mid/late nineties to date so they would probably be in keeping with a later mark of Sea King but not a Wessex however there are some more knowledgable heads who may be able to confirm this. 

• Thanks 1

The flight deck crew figures are mid nineties, so Seaking Has 6 or AEW or Junglie or Sea Harrier FA2 or Lynx HAS3 or HMA8. The pilots you could probably get away with a Wessex, the main changes to flying suits in the late nineties, were the colour and removal of the knife patch to a strap cutter in pouch. The life jacket changed in the early nineties to include the STASS bottle, not sure if that is moulded on your figures, but would have to go if using with a Wessex. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The aircrew in the photo on the packet are actually wearing the AR5 “whistling handbag” NBCD gear, and are walking away from a Sea King - that makes them, as others have said, probably 90s.  I haven’t come across these figures, so don’t know whether they’re modelled wearing AR5; it was pretty unusual for us to wear it, let alone go flying in it - though Gulf War 1 brought it into focus 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1