Two MALTA Spitfire in 1/72, one Mk Vb 1435 Sq, Tamiya kit, second, a Mk Vc 185 Sq, Airfix kit

24 minutes ago, Wulfman said:

Two nice builds, I, like you, am a fan of Malta Spitfires, I’ve got lots to do, and I suspect you have too .

Wulfman

Still a lot to do 62 Airfix MkVc in my stash, but already made 131, Sword, KP, Tamiya and Airfix.

Both period, with A1 and C1 roundel.

And waiting a good Vb trop, perhaps Eduard in the futur will decline there Spit in 1/72

Alain

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MACALAIN said:

Still a lot to do 62 Airfix MkVc in my stash, but already made 131, Sword, KP, Tamiya and Airfix.

Both period, with A1 and C1 roundel.

And waiting a good Vb trop, perhaps Eduard in the futur will decline there Spit in 1/72

Alain

Hi Alain

Wow ! You beat me hands down, I’m looking at about 20 !

Wulfman

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Wulfman said:

Hi Alain

Wow ! You beat me hands down, I’m looking at about 20 !

Wulfman

20 is nice too, first, I had build the ones pf the Osprey's book about Malta Spitfire aces, and then, the book of Cuchi.

Some of my models are speculative, I have never found a picture of each aeroplanes

Alain

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MACALAIN said:

20 is nice too, first, I had build the ones pf the Osprey's book about Malta Spitfire aces, and then, the book of Cuchi.

Some of my models are speculative, I have never found a picture of each aeroplanes

Alain

I’m following those books too, although some of the interpretations of the photographs are debatable, still modeller’s licence ! My Vb’s are the old Airfix (still a nice kit )  Tamiya, KP, Hobby Boss (needs replacement parts) Revell and Italeri. My Vc’s are Sword, KP and the new Airfix .

Wulfman

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Nice Malta Spits Macalain, they’ve both come up very well. I like the improved prop spinner which certainly helps to make the overall good kit even better. 
Cheers.. Dave 

It is also useful for Australian Spit Mk Vc, if you are making the Airfix one. For the Rotol propeller, I use Sword ones.

I hope too see your Spit soon.

Alain

42 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

A beaut couple of builds Alain, I do like the Malta schemes. I have some Sword & KP to do, not the new Airfix yet but on the look out for one soon. A blueish one would go down well judging by yours. :)

Steve.

Thank you very much. For the blue, I use an old tin of  Humbroll 134 for dark  mediteranean blue. But no more in production....

Alain

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tonyot said:

Very nice Alain,.... they both look superb my friend.

Cheers

Tony

Thank you, you are very kind with me.

I will post some other Malta planes in the futur

A few Warbuton's planes for instance.

Alain

• 11 months later...
4 hours ago, 112 Squadron said:

Another brillantly looking pair of Malta Spitfires. 👍

Thank you very much. And another one brand new today or tomorow.

Alain