Jump to content

Uruguayan National markings


RidgeRunner
 Share

Recommended Posts

Does anyone out there have the colours references (FS or otherwise) for the FAU roundel and tail flag? I need to get a set of decals printed.
 

The market seems strewn with various shades, particularly the blue. My gut feeling is that the blue is close to Midnight Blue but it would be great to get conformations.

 

Any ideas @Ignacio @RAGATIGER @Mig88 @Sturmovik et al? 

 

Thanks in advance.

 

Martin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RidgeRunner said:

Does anyone out there have the colours references (FS or otherwise) for the FAU roundel and tail flag? I need to get a set of decals printed.
 

The market seems strewn with various shades, particularly the blue. My gut feeling is that the blue is close to Midnight Blue but it would be great to get conformations.

 

Any ideas @Ignacio @RAGATIGER @Mig88 @Sturmovik et al? 

 

Thanks in advance.

 

Martin

I'm sorry. I can't really help but taking a quick look at various aircraft used by Uruguay there does seem to be various shades of blue used unless that is the result of fading. In photos of the T-34 it does look like Midnight Blue but the flag-shaped insignia on the tail (not the flag) of a Pucará looks much lighter.

 

Miguel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mig88 said:

I'm sorry. I can't really help but taking a quick look at various aircraft used by Uruguay there does seem to be various shades of blue used unless that is the result of fading. In photos of the T-34 it does look like Midnight Blue but the flag-shaped insignia on the tail (not the flag) of a Pucará looks much lighter.

 

Miguel

That is true, Miguel. I'd like to start with the original colours which I can then blend to faded areas. :) If I can!!!! So far I reckon Midnight Blue (Hex #191970) is pretty close. Also I think the red is scarlet (Hex #FF2400).

 

Martin

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who’s to say that the colours correspond to the FS system. They could be BS, RAL or even an Uruguayan standard. 

Who’s to say that the colours correspond to the FS system. They could be BS, RAL, Pantone or even an Uruguayan standard. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

(FS or otherwise)

Exactly, @scotthldr, as I’ve said. I’m getting more and more convinced that the two colours are close to midnight blue and scarlet. Certainly, as I had previously thought, the blue was not Insignia Blue as it is too dark. 
 

Martin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi friend! Let me ask over there.

However I'm pretty sure it would be insignia blue and insignia red (if that exists!)

Also, I think that checking pictures is the best reference, because it changed from one airframe to another, repainted on some etc.

 

I'll let you know what I find

 

Ignacio

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Martin, check online for the Artigas flag. Those are the original colours. However, .they are not fs nor specific and in general seem to be lighter than insignia blue or red.

In some cases the blue tend to be like french blue. 

However in the T-33s the colours are very much like the in the flag.

 

I think that your perception of the colours will be fine as nothing was official or standard. 

 

I hope this is useful!

 

Best regards from Uruguay

 

Ignacio

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Ignacio said:

Martin, check online for the Artigas flag. Those are the original colours. However, .they are not fs nor specific and in general seem to be lighter than insignia blue or red.

In some cases the blue tend to be like french blue. 

However in the T-33s the colours are very much like the in the flag.

 

I think that your perception of the colours will be fine as nothing was official or standard. 

 

I hope this is useful!

 

Best regards from Uruguay

 

Ignacio

Thank you, Ignacio :). I'm in touch via email. :)

 

Martin

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...