Avro Anson T21, Air Graphics?

Head in the clouds.

I have just purchased their set of 'Testing Times' decals and one of the sets is for Avro Anson T.21, VS582. A&AEE Boscombe Down 1962 but the devil is in the detail. A small paragraph states that they are going to bring out an Avro Anson T/C21 Kit in 1/72. I have have not contacted them to clarify or confirm as it is in print on the new decal sheet but if this comes off it will be most welcome.

I await patiently...

I hope it comes to pass as well!  I think they can create a conversion that starts with existing injection kits and substitutes the side fuselage transparencies and engine cowlings with the postwar versions.  What an attractive design this was/is!

A late version Anson MK21 was planned by Lift Here models and was to include Dutch markings. Decals for these were already printed. However when Lift Here quit the kitmaking business the project went to Air Cast resin. The are planning to release the kit in future but due to several economic reasons there is no projected release date. Same goes for the DH90 Dragonfly which was to include Dutch and Danish markings. The decals for the DH90 were printed too.  Also a FK55 in bright red was envisaged but that was AFAIK not taken further than preliminary design. Th Fokker S13 eventually transpired to be Lift Here's last own kit. 

1 hour ago, The wooksta V2.0 said:

One to avoid as I try not to line the pockets of convicted criminals.

If you have an axe to grind then you should take it up with the relevant people rather than just dropping one line sentences. Gary Madgewick has been trading as Air Graphics for a few years now and I have had no issues with either his service or products and I am aware of his past if indeed this is the same man. What I am not in possession of is his side of the story and all I have from you is a sentence of 14 words which is nothing at all and sounds vindictive to me.

I will continue to buy from Air Graphics until such time as I have cause to do otherwise.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, The wooksta V2.0 said:

Thanks. One to avoid as I try not to line the pockets of convicted criminals.

Entirely gratuitous character assasination, some thoughts are best kept to ones self. 

I have dealt with Gary for many years. Always found him to be honest and responsive guy with a superb and imaginative product line. Will also be dealing with him for a long time to come.

Go make a model.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Trenton guy said:

Entirely gratuitous character assasination, some thoughts are best kept to ones self. 

I have dealt with Gary for many years. Always found him to be honest and responsive guy with a superb and imaginative product line. Will also be dealing with him for a long time to come.

In

Go make a model.

Character assassination? The guy has been convicted of fraud THREE times! The latest involving £200,000 of his employers money for which he was sentenced to three years imprisonment. Defend that if you will!

I will go make a model but not an Air Graphics one!

• Like 1

On 18/09/2021 at 16:58, Graham Boak said:

The fuselage is much taller and a different shape.  I believe that the wings are metal covered..  I'm afraid that there is no simple conversion but a near-complete rebuild.

I CAD modelled a late mark Anson for 3D printing, unfortunately I haven't been able to print it yet and I don't have the capability to produce kits. However, the late Ansons have; completely different fuselage, wings and horizontal tail, I think the only thing that remained the same was the vertical tail and the undercarriage. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...