Astute Class

Smokeyr67

Guys,

I think there may be a few Aussies interested in building an Astute class sub, I’m definitely one of them so I’m happy to be the annoying prat who asks “what’s the best Astute class kit, and what aftermarket goodies are available for it?”

I like the Trumpeter 1/144 kit, but only for its size, has anyone built that kit?

Thanks in advance for your help, whilst I’m still drunk celebrating our new boats I’m off to buy 5 bottles of every version of black paint that I can find :)

Smokey

1 hour ago, Smokeyr67 said:

I’m off to buy 5 bottles of every version of black paint that I can find

Gidday Smoky, go for six-packs, they're easier to carry. 😁

On a serious note, while I'm into ships, mainly WW2 vintage I'm not so cluey about subs. I know the E-class of WW1, the Oberons and current Collins class but the Astute class escapes me. Please forgive my ignorance. Regards, Jeff.

6 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Smoky, go for six-packs, they're easier to carry. 😁

On a serious note, while I'm into ships, mainly WW2 vintage I'm not so cluey about subs. I know the E-class of WW1, the Oberons and current Collins class but the Astute class escapes me. Please forgive my ignorance. Regards, Jeff.

The British and US governments signed a deal with the Australian government to provide assistance in building nuclear submarines a couple of days ago.

Hi Smokey,

don't go for black, very few subs are painted black nowadays.  Possibly Panzer Grey, Black Grey or Tank Grey with a mix of mid-greys for the tiles.  At 1:144 scale those tiles would be obvious.

Astute class HMS Ambush

spacer.png

spacer.png

Mike

• Like 1