Mirage IIIE opération "Tamara" - Modelsvit 1/72

On 9/18/2021 at 7:06 PM, Bobby No Mac said:

I honestly thought the first pic was a reference photo. :huh:

I thought it was a reference pic too!!

That is a most amazing model, and in my preferred scale.

Masterfully done!

:clap2::clap2:

Thanks everybody for your comments. 

@Ad-4N : for the backdrop, you can see how it is done there : http://maquette72.free.fr/articles/2006_HunterF6/index76.php (at the end of the page)

@Sturmovik : the fit of this kit is very very good. A lot of pieces and sometimes a little bit complex to assemble but the fit is overall very good.

Thanks again.

Alain.

hi ALL ,

I was fortunate enuff to actually" help" build Australia's RAAF  GAF  MIRAGE IIIO Aircraft Fuselage in 1967-68 in the Government Aircraft Factory

at Fishermens Bend, Melbin  and I did a LOT of Skin Rivetin' in the Centre Section of the Fuselage , wwwwweeeelll ! all the Countersunk  Rivets                                   were dead  flush !

I  brushed my fingers over every Rivet  I had  dollied into position and burnished any rivet that snagged my Finger tips  later on .

To end My Instructive Airframe Fitter (Class 1 ) Epistle .

PANEL LINES : they were the thickness of my trusty 6" S/Steel  Rule,

( that I still Have...for Modellin' now )

cheery "modellin' " mumbas !

Sauns