1:48 Hasegawa J2M3 Raiden

Nanond

There has been three planes in history with a comparable name: Thunderbolt, Viggen and ... Raiden! :D

All three are also remarkable large planes compared to their contemporaries. :hmmm:

Your Raiden is one of the best I've seen! :goodjob:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• Like 2

The modeller as an impressionist artist. That is the secret behind the art of successful weathering, isn't it – a pair of artist's eyes for IRL detail and painting skills to transfer the impression on to the canvas, er… the model.

Just look at the combination of scuffed primer and worn-down-to metal patches. And the fuselage Hinomaru is just a piece of artwork in itself.

Bravo!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 2

You did all that with a brush? I'm blown away. Everything about that model just looks so good. The chipped and weathered paint, the exhaust staining - how subtle is that?... the finish which looks just the right level of matt, the crisp lines of the paintjob. That is indeed a work of art.

• Like 1

That's a masterful rendering of the dodgy paint used on aircraft of Dainippon Teikoku Rikugun Kōkūbutai (yes, I WiKied it). I think you can declare your paint chipping by brush test an unqualified success. This motivates me to attempt a similar weathering technique. Cheers very much.

• Like 1

Thank you all! I'm being flattered by all your kind comments. 

10 hours ago, HansReggelsen said:

There has been three planes in history with a comparable name: Thunderbolt, Viggen and ... Raiden! :D

All three are also remarkable large planes compared to their contemporaries. :hmmm:

Your Raiden is one of the best I've seen! :goodjob:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

I've never looked at the Viggen this way, but they are indeed remarkable aircraft. Thanks for your appreciation!

9 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

The modeller as an impressionist artist. That is the secret behind the art of successful weathering, isn't it – a pair of artist's eyes for IRL detail and painting skills to transfer the impression on to the canvas, er… the model.

Just look at the combination of scuffed primer and worn-down-to metal patches. And the fuselage Hinomaru is just a piece of artwork in itself.

Bravo!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Indeed the Hinimaru is my favourite part. I think I hit the sweet spot I like on the wings. I wasn't so satisfied with the fuselage, but I now appreciate the variations. 
Thank you for sharing your thought.

9 hours ago, kiseca said:

You did all that with a brush? I'm blown away. Everything about that model just looks so good. The chipped and weathered paint, the exhaust staining - how subtle is that?... the finish which looks just the right level of matt, the crisp lines of the paintjob. That is indeed a work of art.

Thank you. I'm glad you looked in its details. As the person who made it, my eyes still spot the things I don't like.

9 hours ago, kiseca said:

Thank you, much appreciate. Some patches are larger than I planned because I kept expanding to cover the part I didn't like :D

6 hours ago, Maginot said:

That's a masterful rendering of the dodgy paint used on aircraft of Dainippon Teikoku Rikugun Kōkūbutai (yes, I WiKied it). I think you can declare your paint chipping by brush test an unqualified success. This motivates me to attempt a similar weathering technique. Cheers very much.

Happy that it gives you motivation. I feel it is more forgiving now that I've done it than I first thought. *

2 hours ago, vytautas said:

I just looked at all the planes you made. I got very interested, and I tried to find at least one poorly made, and I did not found it.

It seems to me that this is contrary to all laws of nature! :rofl:

Vytautas

Or I just cherry picked my works to post here :D :D :D Thank you for your kind words. Did you come here to get me back to the AFV forum?

Thank you all again!

Nanond

• Like 2