Neatandhandy.com mini airbrush

fatalbert

Has anyone got the mini airbrush from neatandhandy.com,i keep seeing it advertised on face book,its a small airbrush with a rechargeable battery powered compressor that literally sits in ones hand for about £50 -£60.Lots of people post beneath the advert saying how great it is but i take that with a pinch of salt.So anyone bought one and had a go with it,thoughts?

Neil

Looks like a great idea. Definitely something I'd buy it if it was any good. But  I suspect you get what you pay for. You're right to be skeptical of reviews but I wonder if there any YouTube reviews out there?

Also a mini compressor that could be connected to our current airbrushes would be ideal. 

Hello Neil,

I have one of those and find it quite useful.  You cannot adjust the psi or anything like that; however, it does give an even spray and the internal battery has quite a long life before needing to be recharged.  The benefit of that is it can be used away from the mancave, such as down in the shed or at model club meeting; even shows etc.  The battery charging is via a USB cable so it can be connected to a laptop or PC etc., for charging.   Swmbo is happy when I use it because she doesn't get the noise from my compressor when using the main airbrush!

I like mine; however, one caveat is that we modellers all have different expectations of everything,  so it possibly won't suit everyone.  It is currently being offered at £41.00 which is worth the punt in my view.

Mike

• Like 4

7 hours ago, bootneck said:

Hello Neil,

I have one of those and find it quite useful.  You cannot adjust the psi or anything like that; however, it does give an even spray and the internal battery has quite a long life before needing to be recharged.  The benefit of that is it can be used away from the mancave, such as down in the shed or at model club meeting; even shows etc.  The battery charging is via a USB cable so it can be connected to a laptop or PC etc., for charging.   Swmbo is happy when I use it because she doesn't get the noise from my compressor when using the main airbrush!

I like mine; however, one caveat is that we modellers all have different expectations of everything,  so it possibly won't suit everyone.  It is currently being offered at £41.00 which is worth the punt in my view.

Mike

Thanks Mike,i might give one a go,i dont have the room for for a normal compressor so this might be the answer.

Neil

17 minutes ago, wombat said:

Is it an all-in-one thing or does the airbrush join with a standard connector to the compressor bit? I.e. you could attach a better airbrush to it

That's a good thought - maybe @bootneck can answer it for you.  My main issue would be the necessity.  I'm never very far from my compressor, so a standard one is plenty good enough for me.  Also, I could foresee the battery/compressor cylinder being a bit of a nuisance when you're trying to get in close for detail work.  You could tip your work so it's vertical however, so there are probably ways around it.  They've been available for a few years now, and were a lot more expensive than that initially.  If I could chuck a Gunze a/b onto it and had the need, I'd be all over it though :)

Was it @Adam Poultney that was looking for an airbrush set-up for going to uni? :hmmm: might be of interest to him :)

The airbrush is detachable and, I think, the connector is universal.  Margaret has been doing "gardening" things this week :whip:  but will check later and take some phot's.

Mike

• Like 1

I have checked my portable airbrush and the connector is universal.  Here is the airbrush that is supplied with the mini compressor:

spacer.png

and here it is with my H&S Evolution:

spacer.png

I don't have any issue with the angle of spraying whilst holding it; however, I would think that a length of hose could be adapted to fit both ends, thereby providing some flexibility with the angle of spraying.

Cheers,
Mike

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/26/2021 at 8:34 PM, wombat said:

My missus spotted it on-line at £29.99 and I thought it was worth a try as I alternate between my man-cave and home so something portable would be useful. It arrived today and I found it unusual because when the compressor is switched on the air blows through the brush (my other air brushes don't do that) and the trigger actuates the paint flow. I have tried it with water and it seems to spray well, the flow seems to be on and off with little between, so I am not sure whether it would be suitable for detail work, especially with the weight of the compressor as well. I intend to use it for area work. Next time I get to the man-cave I will give it a try with paint.  My main airbrush is a Harder & Steenbeck Ultra and the Ambiano airbrush feels quite cheap in comparison however at that price I am not too worried. One thing to watch, Aldi free delivery starts at £30 and this is just one penny short! Michael

51622902609_9b6470e2d1_o.jpgAmbiano by Ghostbase, on Flickr

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/24/2021 at 7:59 AM, wombat said:

Will the ultra connect to it?

I know this is l-o-n-g after the offer finished but I received the Ambiano airbrush and compressor as a Christmas gift today (I chose, the missus ordered and paid) and I have tried the compressor out on three airbrushes today and NONE of them fit. Absolutely not a problem, I will keep it as a stand-alone to use when I am travelling. For the record I tried it out on an H&S Ultra, a Badger 200G (the Badger size doesn't fit either) and an Expotools AB605 airbrush set.

It does go to show that you really do have to be careful with bargain offers!

Michael