My Next Adventure - An Eastern Express 1/72 E.E. Canberra B(I)8

Brigbeale

That's looking really nice, especially now that it's up on the landing gear.  This kit needs careful attention to avoid one wing tip resting lower than the other.  

Regarding Red Beard, that's a really nice rendition, but I'd encourage you to print a U.S.-built Mk.7, which was far more common for RAFG-based aircraft, or so I understand.

• Thanks 1

I measured the rear of the wing tip tanks which have a point on them, and found a half mm difference, so I’m happy with that.

With regard to the Red Beard and the Mark 7 bombs, I’m going to stick with my initial plan to use the former in this build, but thanks for the suggestion/info though.

Tonight’s activities were limited again.

I made the nose wheel doors out of 0.5mm styrene sheet as the originals were way to thick in this scale. Once the sprue goo had set enough to hold them in position, I painted them with some of the extra paint I mixed up from when I airbrushed they undersides. 
I used a cocktail stick to ‘paint’ the yellow dashes on the top of the main wings. 
I also painted the engine intakes Matt black. 

• Like 2

Well, the Canberra build is nearly finished.

This afternoon, I designed the representation of the Canberra specific Red Beard carrier which was made out of marine plywood. This was to reduce buffeting which apparently could tear the bomb bay doors off.

The Red Beard was then painted Olive Green while the carrier was painted to represent the plywood. They were then glued into the weapons bay and the doors fitted.

The aircraft numbers were then placed on the nose wheel doors. One split while the other worked perfectly. Other stencils from the original sheet were placed around the fuselage.

A few touch ups here and there were also required.

The Canberra was then given a coat of Galeria Matt Varnish. It was still wet when I took the photos but starting to dry.

GKrq3Px.jpg
4JL529g.jpg

NHPt4eC.jpg
njrZcbV.jpg

kE3cy36.jpg
oknkYzA.jpg

There’s just a couple of antennae to put on and paint in the right colour (depending on placement).

Also, a recent acquisition turned up today.
HV99AXa.jpg

I’ve been after one for ages to make a Hurricane IID. I built a Matchbox one when I was a kid, but it went the same way as all the other models once my brothers got their hands on them🤬.

• Like 7

That’s the Canberra build completed. In the end it was only the pitot tube? to be fitted in the clear nose section.

Heres the Canberra with a 16 Squadron successor , namely the Blackburn Buccaneer.

wX8dVZn.jpg

I’ll write the RFI tomorrow morning when I can usually get an hour or so before the daily life gets going.

Oh yes, I’ve decided on the next project(s).

J01qSmt.jpg

The restoration of the Matchbox Tempest and the build Revell Tempest using an incomplete kit I bought off EBay using a couple of parts from the ‘slightly’ worse for wear Tempest😆

J01qSmt.jpg

ABR0ciz.jpg

• Like 4