Camden Town

Rick Brown

5 minutes ago, MikeC said:

The Northern Line will take you to Colindale for Hannants shop and the RAFM.

This is the only one I can think of within distance of Camden. Hamleys used to have a good section but I haven't been there for so long it may have gone. For a massive city like London there is a shockingly small amount of model/hobby shops.

Museums wise the Imperial War in Lambeth is great, The Wallace Collection on Manchester Square has a great collection of old weaponry and Wellington's house by Hyde Park is worth a visit, but is more arty than military.

15 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Shall we say I was underwhelmed, since they 'modernised' it. Glad they don't charge admission.

Not a patch on what it used to be.

How long ago was that? I went around 4 years ago and throughly enjoyed it.

Camden High Street is quite bonkers and worth a wander. The pedestrian crossings are painted as rainbows!

Oh, and they've knocked down Morrisons! I used to stop off there after delivering the beer to have a coffee & eat my lunch. Tsk!

35 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Shall we say I was underwhelmed, since they 'modernised' it. Glad they don't charge admission.

Not a patch on what it used to be.

They "modernised" Foyles bookshop, which used to have a cracking military/modelling section, and left me so disappointed that I haven't been back since. It may have improved over time but I loved the old style of it.

34 minutes ago, -Ian- said:

How long ago was that? I went around 4 years ago and throughly enjoyed it.

About 5-6 years ago I suppose. I had previously been in the early 60's, when it was something. All the exhibits have since been removed.