1/72 Dassault Rafale by Platz (Italeri re-release)

Anatol Pigwa

Something which caught my attention browsing the Hobby Link Japan website is the apparent release of the Rafale by Platz. Unfortunately it appears only to be a rerelease of the Italeri mould, accordind to Platz  :(

French Navy Carrier-Capable Fighter Rafale M Tiger Meet 2014 by Platz (hlj.com)

French Navy Carrier-capable Fighter Rafale M by Platz (hlj.com)

4 minutes ago, Hardtarget said:

Which is from 1993 and is a prototype with raised PL's. Why didnt they re-box the Hobby Boss one?

Hobbyboss is under-sized. 

I only wish Revell would downsize their great 1/48 kit to 1/72.  Or Modelsvit would make one. 

Edited by Jackman
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Wulfman said:

Italeri’s T-33 is from Platz, perhaps they have an agreement ?

Wulfman

Italeri have an agreement with a lot of Companies Academy for instance as they rebox the P38J Lightning ..  

20 hours ago, Jackman said:

Hobbyboss is under-sized. 

I only wish Revell would downsize their great 1/48 kit to 1/72.  Or Modelsvit would make one. 

IIRC the Hb kit is more undersized in one dimension than the other, can't remember which one.. that in a sense is even worse than being undersized but at least in a constant scale for both length and span.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Robertone139 said:

According to a well known FRENCH decals manufacturer it is not.

An old thread but someone actually did the measurements:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/221342-italeri-172-rafale-m-is-still-the-best-in-172/

Wardog's post here:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/curious-about-hobbyboss-kits-t522897.html

I think I saw a French (or Russian? Can't recall) thread where someone compared both the Italeri & Hobbyboss kits over scale drawings and it was clearly obvious the HB kit is underscaled. But I can't seem to locate the thread at the moment ( I should have bookmarked it)

The differences may be small and for some it may be negligible, but I'll hold out for Revell or Modelsvit if they ever decide to do Rafales in 1/72.

Still a nice kit. It's in my cabinet close to a F-16C, and I never had the impression the size/proportion is somewhat wrong. What I found more disturbing are the wrong shaped missile rails.

Alex