Beaufighter TT 10

BillF67

I’m about to start a 1/72 Beaufighter TT10. The instructions show 3 downward/signal lights on the lower rear fuselage. Should these be clear or, if not, can anyone help me with colours for these?

VMT

Bill

Thanks, Rossi. There are 2 shown in-line on the centre line. The third is slightly forward of these and offset to starboard. I would assume the 2 in-line are the ones you identify?

4 hours ago, BillF67 said:

Thanks, Rossi. There are 2 shown in-line on the centre line. The third is slightly forward of these and offset to starboard. I would assume the 2 in-line are the ones you identify?

I believe so and having looked around some more I can't find any clues for the offset one. There is a flare chute but that is to the port of the navigators entry hatch so it's not that, I can't even tell if that was fitted on all versions.

It's a post-war conversion which strictly speaking falls into the Cold War period.

I have some plans from Planes magazine which may be of some help but I'm away from my references right now and won't be home for more than a week, the best I can offer is to scan them the weekend after I get back if that helps?

Well I've had the chance to dig out the Planes article with plans by Alfred Grainger, it shows there being three lights on the centreline of the aft fuselage, it doesn't however, give any indication of what colour the lamps were, I'm guessing the standard green, red and amber but what order I can't say.

I had a look at Modellers Data File 6 on the type and it doesn't provide any help I'm afraid.

• Like 1