German Tanks WWII original

dov

Hallo

If anybody interested in original German tanks:

In new (quite) Russian film you can see them. Out of storage used in films.

The last frontier  (Battle for Moskwa)

Tank battle of Rostow Lots of KW-1 and T-34 beside German vehicles

Other new Russian films I can realy suggest you too.

There are many of them, and different to western films,

the requisites are original in most cases.

Happy modelling

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I watched that movie recently on Amazon Prime. I wasn't sure what to expect but I really enjoyed it.

The first thing I noticed was that the anti tank gun the soldiers were using appeared to be a PAK 36 but it turns out the Soviets had their own version. 

Then I  saw the Panzer II, Panzer III Sdkfz 251, T34 76. Absolutely correct for the period. 

I definitely recommend it. 

Hallo

From the film extras:

All vehicles are accurate from the periode. All are from collections. Private and state owned.

As well museum storage.

This area is today a museum.

Total analogy to Battle of Britain, the same decisive role in history for Russia.

All efforts were done, to make it perfect.

The site today is an analogy to Duxford, in Russia for land war fare.

Happy modelling

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have a gander at Panfilovs 28 men on utube. It's about a small Russian unit defending their positions against a German attack. There's quite a battle at the end featuring Panzer 3s and 4s.

Not sure how realistic a depiction it is but it illustrates the vulnerability of armour once separated from supporting infantry.

Edited by echen

• 4 months later...

Some information from the director.  Keep in mind that, unless you are familiar with Russian, online translators do produce some humorous results:

"Рассказывает режиссер фильма Сергей Краснов:

"Основные съемки проходили в Алабино, на полигоне Таманской дивизии, а также в поселке Володарского под Москвой, где была воссоздана деревня Нелидово. Налет немецкой авиации на поезд с призывниками снимали в городе Рославль, а госпиталь и штаб – в Москве. В месте, где шел тот самый бой, мы сняли один из самых важных и смысловых кадров фильма – финальный.

Танки и пушки, стреляющие холостыми снарядами, нам предоставил киноконцерн "Мосфильм". Макеты массогабаритные и обвесы советских и немецких солдат и офицеров искали у частных коллекционеров. Макеты подбитых немецких танков и пушки собрали по чертежам и фотографиям художника-постановщика Владимиа Ярина. Трактора, имитирующие во время учений танки, нам предоставили коллекционеры, с которыми сотрудничаем не первый год.

Из аутентичной техники времен ВОВ использовались: горная пушка образца 1927 года, самозарядная винтовка Токарева образца 1940 года, винтовки Мосина образца 1896/30 гг (граненые), ППШ образца 1941 года, противотанковое ружье Дегтярева образца 1941 года, пулемет Дегтярева образца 1927 года, немецкая радиостанция Torn E.b, карабин Маузера образца 1898 года (стоявшие на вооружении у вермахта), а также немецкие обвесы. Благодаря водителям-механикам проблем, связанных с военной техникой, не было. С помощью военного консультанта актеры учились стрелять и работать с пушкой, ПТР, винтовками, метать гранаты.

Первая смена была ночная, и мы сразу начали с минометного обстрела. Все костюмы сразу же зафактурились, как надо"."

Here is a link to a Russian article on actual German WWII tanks in film:

Real German Tanks in Soviet Cinema

Regards,

Edited by sharkmouth
Spellcheck Police, only a warning... this time!

A colleague showed me clips from another Russian film which I believe is called Iron Fury for English distribution.  Didn't look too bad, if a bit stylised.  Lots of apparently-real German armour there too, although I think some is replica when you see the detail close-up.   Some very good and to my eye accurate slo-mo of weapon effects: projectiles striking and penetrating armour.  It's on Amazon Prime.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Peter2 said:

The muzzle brake on the Pzkpfw IV above doesn't look exactly Wehrmacht issue?

Certainly isn't.  CGI nonsense.  Looks like the love child of a KwK40 and French CN-75.  By coincidence the film A Bridge Too Far was on UK terrestrial TV this afternoon.  One of the PaK 40's in the film had a very distinctive CN-75 muzzle brake.