F-Rsin Fokker F.28 kit

Mike Esposito

• 1 month later...

Halfway through the build. Plastic is probably typical FRSIN soft and panel lines a bit indistinct. Shape is ok maybe the nose should be a bit blunter and I made my own airbrake hinges as these were not great on the kit. Sitting ready for primer. Air Anglia decals may be not as sharp as I would like. Overall with a bit of care it will be a decent model of the F28

• Thanks 1

I wasn't aware there is a Revell kit of the F-28. Aren't you confusing it with the F-100?

My dad built the F-Rsin some years ago, not too problematic if I recall. As stated it is a bit soft in detail and requires a lot of sanding and flash removal.

5 hours ago, Jpthedog said:

Halfway through the build. Plastic is probably typical FRSIN soft and panel lines a bit indistinct. Shape is ok maybe the nose should be a bit blunter and I made my own airbrake hinges as these were not great on the kit. Sitting ready for primer. Air Anglia decals may be not as sharp as I would like. Overall with a bit of care it will be a decent model of the F28

Not meaning to drift the thread but Classic Airlines have an Air Anglia F-28 sheet in their catalogue - CA144-438. I have it in my stash and it's lovely.

18 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Not meaning to drift the thread but Classic Airlines have an Air Anglia F-28 sheet in their catalogue - CA144-438. I have it in my stash and it's lovely.

Actually ordered this a week ago along with BOAC VC10 decals - help get two stalled airliners completed

From what I understood, F-RSIN plastic kits are moulded by Mach2. Too much work for me (for the price paid) but I appreciate the results that can be obtained by other modellers, the US Air example is a very nicely finished F-RSIN kit.

Edited by Silver Seraph