Black Buck Vulcan colours

Red Dot

Standard upper surface colours of Mediunn Sea Grey and Dark Green with Extra Dark Sea Grey undersides, all matt finish.  National markings were in Red and Blue only.  Unit emblems were painted out with the appropriate camouflage colours.  XM597 (I think) carried a small zap in black on the port main undercarriage door.

36 minutes ago, stever219 said:

Standard upper surface colours of Mediunn Sea Grey and Dark Green with Extra Dark Sea Grey undersides, all matt finish.  National markings were in Red and Blue only.  Unit emblems were painted out with the appropriate camouflage colours.  XM597 (I think) carried a small zap in black on the port main undercarriage door.

Correction it’s not extra but standard dark sea grey 

I don't want to confuse matters but I have a vague recollection of reading many years ago that in 1982 the dark grey undersurface finish was applied by roller and that it may not have an official RAF paint colour. It could have been in a contemporary issue of Scale Aircraft Modelling which included a Falklands decal sheet before anyone else produced one. However I agree that DSG looks to be the correct colour - or a very close approximation.

3632496524_c32bbedd6a_b.jpgRAF Vulcan B.2 XM607 with "Black Buck" mission symbols by Irish251, on Flickr

Edited by Irish 251