Just two Tomcats

Marklo

1 hour ago, Col. said:

Just two. So far. There's still plenty time...

Two will be fine, as you well know I have quite a considerable WIP at the moment which I want to take down to single figures sooner than later. Two F16s, Two Phantoms and Two tomcats are just plenty :) 

Speaking of which I am pretty pleased with how the F16 are turning out.

resized_8f502060-9e73-4352-9c3c-cbd928bf

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

Excellent one black and one Ferris scheme I think.

Now I’ve just noticed that the black scheme has tail markings that will be even more contentious than swastikas; Playboy bunnies, so that’s not going to happen. There is a second kit option of a white/gull gray navy scheme but I think it’s a bit dull. I am however taken with some of the aggressor schemes, so maybe one of those or a Middle Eastern camo for the second one.

9aa5a8f2-c3ae-4711-be97-1e3ca189a20c.jpe

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

resized_ce7f6dcc-bec1-41d2-a7f1-f28fa280Two noses assembled, complete with lead shot, just in case. The academy one had no interior so I’ve scratched a basic cockpit, now I just have to scratch some tiny ejector seats. I may cheat and take a mold from the Revell ones and resin cast a pair from it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

resized_a63bd72a-ab40-479a-b281-f89f0493Started back in these. Owing to the swing wings I’m planning on painting them before full assembly, so the next step will be as much assembly as possible followed by primer and camo then final assembly and touch up.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well done Marklo they are coming along nicely.

It always astounds  me how people can build jets in 144. My fingers are too big and fat to make anything but a lump of plastic and glue in this size! And that's even before you talk about painting! :banghead:

I guess the good thing is you can easily build two in the time it takes someone to build a larger scale version. 

• Thanks 1