Revell Ford Mustang 1964 1/2 Convertible

Einar

The latest model I recently finished is the iconic Ford Mustang from 1964. In my opinion it looks cool and it’s the real embodiment of youth, freedom and the American life style of the sixties. I chose to build the convertible with the roof down. I just could dream of driving the car on the highway number one from San Francisco to San Diego enjoying the Pacific sea breeze.

The introduction of the Mustang created a new class of automobile known as the pony car. The Mustang’s styling, with its long hood and short deck, proved wildly popular. It was initially introduced on April 17, 1964, as a hardtop and convertible with the fastback version put on sale in August 1964.Since it was introduced four months before the normal start of the 1965 production year the earliest Mustangs are widely referred to as the 1964½ model.

I built the Mustang 1964 1/2 convertible from a ten year old Revell kit which perhaps wasn't their top notch.The details were scarce inside the car and the for instance the handles etc. were only vaguely molded on the side walls. The decals were very good, though. The fit of the parts was generally ok and there were no special problems apart from the windscreen and the side windows which are in one piece. Attaching the part tightly in the window frames was a pain in the neck.

I painted the bodywork with Tamiya metallic blue spray, TS-19 and the light blue interior wiyh Humbrol 89. The seats I painted with Revell 04 white and the roof and the sun shields with Humbrol 41 Ivory white.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 16

17 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

Nice one Einar. Just finishing up this kit myself and agree that it is an ok kit. Not the greatest in detail but no problem putting together. Really like your colour choice, it works well.👍

Thanks Stef,

Cheers,

Einar

On 15/09/2021 at 18:25, Einar said:

The latest model I recently finished is the iconic Ford Mustang from 1964. In my opinion it looks cool and it’s the real embodiment of youth, freedom and the American life style of the sixties. I chose to build the convertible with the roof down. I just could dream of driving the car on the highway number one from San Francisco to San Diego enjoying the Pacific sea breeze.

+++

A "289" on that route is a phantastic choice! Don't miss out on visiting Bubblgum Alley in San Luis Obispo and McConnell's Fine Ice Creams at Santa Barbara when doing that drive!

(in case you're going from SD to the North, you won't have to look into the sun all the time and you'll even get a tan behind the ears!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Jochen Barett said:

A "289" on that route is a phantastic choice! Don't miss out on visiting Bubblgum Alley in San Luis Obispo and McConnell's Fine Ice Creams at Santa Barbara when doing that drive!

(in case you're going from SD to the North, you won't have to look into the sun all the time and you'll even get a tan behind the ears!)

Thanks Jochen😅

I have to keep in mind your advice when next time driving in California👍😄

Cheers,

Einar 

• Like 1