A Pair of Kittens - Revell 1/144 F-14A's ## Second build finished ##

nimrod54

14 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Another cracker from the King of 144. Great work good buddy. 

Thanks matey. This one was fun to do, but I would take a different approach to the masking next time. I still have decals for an Iranian marked, version so another Tomcat may appear in the future. 

• Like 2

Cracking build, especially in that scale!! Great job on the camo - 1 question - should the p[ort side also have the NSAWC flash on BORT 10? Not being critical, just checking as the same decal sets show 2 different markings frm different periods but only one pic of each tail (same on my set) showing pre NSAWC and NSAWC...

11285_2_tch32034_3.jpg

grumman-f-14a-revell.jpg

• Like 3

@Tim Moff

Thanks a lot for your generous comments Tim, and you made a terrific job of your model too.

I have included a photo of the Fightertown decal profile below. Like yours there is a split profile for 159855 with different  Bort Nos. The upper profile shows it in 1995-96 carrying 30 and the lower in 1996-99 when it carried 10. The notes on the lower profile are for the aircraft in 1998 which is the timeframe used for my model and if you check the notes around the tails it says to fit the grey NSAWC on the left side along with a standard Topgun badge. The only thing that I didn't do to mine was to paint the overwing fairings in grey which were seen for most of 97-98. HTH

Cheers

John

51797539809_9eb5ec7c4c_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

51797722190_30fc1df1b0_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nimrod54 said:

@Tim Moff

Thanks a lot for your generous comments Tim, and you made a terrific job of your model too.

I have included a photo of the Fightertown decal profile below. Like yours there is a split profile for 159855 with different  Bort Nos. The upper profile shows it in 1995-96 carrying 30 and the lower in 1996-99 when it carried 10. The notes on the lower profile are for the aircraft in 1998 which is the timeframe used for my model and if you check the notes around the tails it says to fit the grey NSAWC on the left side along with a standard Topgun badge. The only thing that I didn't do to mine was to paint the overwing fairings in grey which were seen for most of 97-98. HTH

Cheers

John

51797539809_9eb5ec7c4c_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

51797722190_30fc1df1b0_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

Thanks John - yes can be a bit confusing as the wording is not so clear - it mentions the central badge, but not the flashes (of which both sets are included on the decal sheet)  - I had a similar conundrum with min, but I could not find any ref pics that had 1 side with and the other without the flash, so went with both sides for my timeframe...