1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (mid), and (early) from Kotare

Kagemusha

We've had a few complaints about people making the usual "not another XXXX, why don't they do what I want instead, as my opinion is the only one that matters" comments.  Can we not do this, because it just makes the threads boring, pointlessly over-long, repetitive and generally depressing.

Be happy for those of us that want a XXXX, and don't begrudge them their happiness.  It's kind of mean-spirited if I'm honest.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 7

Right. 

For the record this does float my boat. Like others have said this will fill a hole in the market. Don't knock the  goose that lays the golden egg. These guys are new to the market. Give them space to grow. If they do well they may well produce what we all want. They need time to get established. Give them a break. lets see the quality of there goods and judge them on that.

Dick

Spoken from the heart.

PS BOB Hurricane next .......... the Spit may be lonely ;) 

Edited by jenko
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

I thought that the Tamiya Spitfire IX would be my ‘once in a lifetime’ build. This has knocked it off it’s perch.

Trevor 

Just when you think you are finished with a certain subject or scale......it sounds so familiar 😉
Not saying I want one immediately but I don’t rule this kit out, curious enough to see what they give us in the end👍

cheers, Jan

• Like 1

We need one in 1/32, why because there is not a decent one, I did the Revell 1/32 Mk2 with Barracuda upgrades in 2016. That is the closest I could get at the time without resorting to my Revell Vintage 1/32 Mk1a in the stash shape good but again a ton of resin, scratch and head scratching to build it. So in short nay sayers, those of us who want a decent rendering of the 1/32 Mk1 need this kit in our lives. Don't moan, don't drip if you don't like it do not bother making comment. I have not been on in a while as there are so many "Bun fight" comments. Personally Kotare TAKE MY MONEY!! Stash purchase cash waiting.

Semi 50p positive rant over.

Nerr!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Bits an pieces came from Kotares facebook Q&A last night

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?ref=comet_rhc_widget&v=990101901537961&t=4414

At this stage we're looking at 3 Mid production options. Al Deere's KL-B obviously and another N3### serial number machine, probably Dirty Dick, and a P9### machine. Early K & L and late R & X etc serial numbers for future editions.

Initial release is now a mid-production boxing. Early and Late production boxings will follow later. There were just so many alternative parts required for each version that we decided they really needed their own specific releases.

No 3D printing included in this kitset. But something being explored for separately available extra detail/conversion parts for the future. No.promises though. Richard.

We concentrated on what can be seen in the wheel bays and cockpit. No engine detail on this one. Richard.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Wow! That's looking fantastic so far. I do like the separate spine that follows panel lines. That's thinking outside the box. Also glad that they're concentrating on the cockpit detail and have omitted the engine as I like the ready to go look. Separate wing fillets though? I'm sure that will work out better than the old Matchbox Mk 22/24. This is clearly going the be a fantastic kit. I just hope I can afford a few.

Steve

• Like 3

16 hours ago, fightersweep said:

Wow! That's looking fantastic so far. I do like the separate spine that follows panel lines. That's thinking outside the box. Also glad that they're concentrating on the cockpit detail and have omitted the engine as I like the ready to go look. Separate wing fillets though? I'm sure that will work out better than the old Matchbox Mk 22/24. This is clearly going the be a fantastic kit. I just hope I can afford a few.

Steve

Agree, I really like the design and it isn’t gimmicky. There is a lot of excitement for the GWH P-40, I feel they have added too many internal details. I like this kit for the unique design and as you say, the concentration on the cockpit details.

I look forward to several of these.

• Like 3

I like the avenue Kotare is following, simple breakdown, options and hopefully this will be reflected in the price.
If they do “Dirty Dick” I will have no choice! I will have it!

• Like 1

Ah! So now I know why this kit doesn't have a full engine. They've gone with the screen accurate propeller and broom handle set up as seen in Christopher Nolan's Dunkirk movie!

51691061952_275ab613f4_w.jpg

51692540059_05377220f0_o.jpg

Sorry! Couldn't resist!

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

This is looking incredibly incredible! Again, the parts breakdown is brilliant, and the alignment of the parts is catering to little or no filler. These fine people know what they are doing. If they had included the engine with details and the guns in gun bays, the price would be reflected in that. The three key things that most modellers desire, Accuracy, detail and ease of assembly are very apparent. I look forward to seeing the surface details and their approach to it. A serious Spitfire modeller will probably outfit the model with all manner of aftermarket details, and they will no doubt cost as much as the base kit or more. Kotare’s approach should give most modellers an affordable and incredible looking Spitfire model without the added costs. I am more than excited for Kotare!

Jeff :)

• Like 5

Even if I wasn't interested in the subject, the care that has clearly gone into the breakdown and the beautifully rendered detail would be getting my attention.

However, I love a Spit so my excitement is at a level best described as "embarrassing" 🤪😁

• Like 1

This kit does look really good so far. I can't wait, but do have two anxieties:

A: The price (because like all good things, one won't be enough)

B: That my crummy model skills won't be able to do it justice.

Nice touch with the aerial structure in the rear of the cockpit, and the spar in the wings. Also nice to see the canopy release mechanism. U/c indicators look good too!

Wasn’t aware of that structure in the cowl where the exhausts fit.

Edited by Peter Roberts
  • Like 2

On 11/21/2021 at 9:27 AM, fightersweep said:

This kit does look really good so far. I can't wait, but do have two anxieties:

A: The price (because like all good things, one won't be enough)

B: That my crummy model skills won't be able to do it justice.

A: I have faith in Kotare to keep the price reasonable (Which can also be dangerous haha).

B: No one has crummy model skills, only different. They are quoting “ease of assembly”, and even if you didn’t paint it, (I can hear the groans, just making a point. :)  It should still look remarkable just for the beautiful form, and fidelity of surface details.

As an aside, I remember the fellow that had a review magazine back in the early 90’s MM? Three Geese Publishing. I am sure someone will remember the name. However what I noticed about the kits that he assembled (only to check for fit and accuracy) was a very thin coat of flat aluminium paint on all the surfaces while still on the sprues. It worked extremely well, showing off every minute detail or blemish very clearly. I kind of wish this treatment would still be used on review sprues, especially when the plastic is shiny light grey. It makes a huge difference.

BTW I’m not a sales representative for Kotare. Haha 

Jeff :)