Hobbyboss 1/72 F-14A "Wolfpack" USS Enterprise.

stevej60

Hi folks hopefully my run of failed builds will end with this Project.Not an aircraft I've modelled much over the years

maybe three or four starting with Airfix's kit when it and the Tomcat were new.I'll be building the said version in the

original hi-viz scheme.

20210913_194754

I had a crack at Airfix's kit a couple of years ago for a GB and enjoyed the nostalgia.

20200109_112835

• Like 10

Hi Steve,

this is my favourite scheme as well! As long as it is Hi-Viz! I can't stand the all grey US Navy.

Just like you, I did build an old Airfix F-14 and it was really fun! 

Next I have my sight on the latest Academy offering.

I will be following your efforts, so have a lot of fun!

All the best

JR

• Like 1

On 21/09/2021 at 20:31, jean said:

will be following your efforts, so have a lot of fun!

Thank's Jean,and in the spirit of fun two seventies style aircrew were added after the cockpit was painted and decalled.

20210922_194853

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon folk's,progressing well with just a few fit issues as highlighted by others in this GB building this, kit nothing major but 

not the usual Trumpeter fare.

20211003_161446

• Like 6

Coming along nicely! Your rendition of the VF-142 Cat looks great - and from the Airfix kit at that. Amazing! And thanks for planning to build the Wolfpack example in Hi-Viz colours - the way USN aircraft were meant to be seen.   :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

Hi

I also have the same kit but I will not use the decals included because they are wrong .. the hi-viz version had serial 158979 (not 159434) and had a early type beaver tail during the first cruise, in the low-viz version the serial number is definitely wrong, it belong to a VF-11 tomcat, I don't know the right one