Hello from Manchester

MicroGaz

Hello all,

New member, been a lurker for ages and decided to finally take the plunge by joining and de-cloaking...

From Manchester, long time modeller but returned to the hobby about 2 years ago.

Mostly aircraft modelling, 1/48 and larger, but will try my hand at any genre.

Retired now and living alone, so very fortunate to have the time to indulge my hobby! Lucky to have a third bedroom converted to my workshop-used to build in the shed outside but long cold winter nights forced me indoors!

there are obviously some fine builders in here so no doubt I'll be picking your brains from time to time with my stupid questions 

Once I get myself sorted, I'll post up some of my builds, here are a couple of my workshop to start with. It's actually changed a little since taking the photos, it's a constant WIP!

Cheers

Gary

resized_15160679-1654-4d09-b9a6-18864463

resized_af1445e8-d664-41f8-b6d2-70d4f522

resized_de29fc80-ae42-476c-a710-157ba8c9

• Like 6

Welcome Gary,  That's a fantastic looking workspace & I noticed a cheeky little Schwimmwagen too.

I'm based up here in the hills to the east side of town - Mossley - on the edge of Saddleworth.

I look forward to seeing some of your completed builds - you certainly have all the gear for it.

Catch you soon - Steve

• Like 1

:welcome:To the forum, got to say that workshop looks very professional. Got to agree with @ArnoldAmbrose it’s too tidy, mine looks like a bomb site, even when I’m not building something. I think I might steal some ideas from it, though. You’re in the right place for all those obscure questions, there is a HUGE amount of knowledge here and everyone is helpful and friendly.

Jon

• Like 2

Welcome to the site, and a very nice looking workspace you have there. I am a bit restricted in mine, but when Mrs T retires we plan on moving and so I hope to get some more room. 

I live over the Pennines from you but on the M62 spine. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Gary … :post1: from the city by the lake Chicago USA, Im mostly an aircraft builder myself. Im curious Man “U” or “city” fan ? Im an American but a diehard “United” fan. 

Dennis

Thanks Dennis

Please do't hate me but I don't follow football!! 

I do hear more about Man U though, if that makes you feel better!!

Gary

• Like 1

Welcome to BM, love your workbench- very inspirational.  Are there any Model shops that I could "accidently" stumble across during my trip to Manchester this weekend? My Missus will love it 🙂