Supercarrier USS Kitty Hawk (CV-63) - Trumpeter - 1/350

Hello there,

Here a build I complete 3 months ago, the american supercarrier USS Kitty Hawk from Trumpeter at 1/350 scale! I work on this kit 15 months, after buying it to celebrate the end of high school.

The kit is really good, with a good assembling (very little putty is needed), and I have completed it woth 6 sets of 1/350 aircrafts (the kit contained at maximum 15 aircrafts) (There is actualy 45 aircrafts on the deck), 8 sets of photoetch from Eduard, 2 sets of resin crew figures (180 figures on the deck) , 2 official patches of the ship (from Ebay), and a friend of mine print me in 3D the plate that I have painted. For the paint, I have used a mix of differents tamiya's colors for the bridge, and for the hull and the tower, the Mr Hobby/Gunze FS references.

Here the build  (from a Swiss Forum) : https://romandiemaquettisme.forumgratuit.ch/t389-supercarrier-uss-kitty-hawk-cv-63-trumpeter-1-350

And the pics;

dsc_2187.jpg

dsc_2188.jpg

dsc_2189.jpg

dsc_2190.jpg

dsc_2191.jpg

dsc_2192.jpg

dsc_2193.jpg

To protect her from dust, the ship recieved a plexiglass protection.

dsc_2196.jpg

I have a friend who is a great photograph woth better material than mine, I will contact him for better pics,

That's it my friend,

Have a nice day and best regards,

Vincent

• Like 51
  • Thanks 6

On 14/09/2021 at 08:32, dnl42 said:

Nice work! :worthy:

I'm glad you posted more pictures of this.

My pleasure fella, and soon, more others and better pics will come 

On 14/09/2021 at 09:29, Adm Lord De Univers said:

Oh my, that is seriously good work. I could spend 15 years on this and still not approach anything close to this level. Think this is one where I'll leave this tab open so I can view throughout the day.

David

Hey Dav, thank you! I'm very honorated  ! It was my first carrier and 1/350 ship 

On 15/09/2021 at 12:10, kiseca said:

Beautiful looking model! Can't wait to see more pictures when your friend has a chance to take them.

Thanks fella, soon I hope 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/09/2021 at 07:27, VinBizz4786_ said:

Hello there,

Here a build I complete 3 months ago, the american supercarrier USS Kitty Hawk from Trumpeter at 1/350 scale! I work on this kit 15 months, after buying it to celebrate the end of high school.

The kit is really good, with a good assembling (very little putty is needed), and I have completed it woth 6 sets of 1/350 aircrafts (the kit contained at maximum 15 aircrafts) (There is actualy 45 aircrafts on the deck), 8 sets of photoetch from Eduard, 2 sets of resin crew figures (180 figures on the deck) , 2 official patches of the ship (from Ebay), and a friend of mine print me in 3D the plate that I have painted. For the paint, I have used a mix of differents tamiya's colors for the bridge, and for the hull and the tower, the Mr Hobby/Gunze FS references.

Here the build  (from a Swiss Forum) : https://romandiemaquettisme.forumgratuit.ch/t389-supercarrier-uss-kitty-hawk-cv-63-trumpeter-1-350

And the pics;

dsc_2187.jpg

dsc_2188.jpg

dsc_2189.jpg

dsc_2190.jpg

dsc_2191.jpg

dsc_2192.jpg

dsc_2193.jpg

To protect her from dust, the ship recieved a plexiglass protection.

dsc_2196.jpg

I have a friend who is a great photograph woth better material than mine, I will contact him for better pics,

That's it my friend,

Have a nice day and best regards,

Vincent

Crazy Good  - Outstanding.

Erk.

Hello there,

it's been a while, hasn't it? 4 months (almost 5) to take pictures, I agree, it deserves a penance, but what do you want, I dragged my a** (for no valid reason ...) because I am a slacker ...

But be assured, your patience will be rewarded, since finally, here are the final photos of the aircraft carrier USS Kitty Hawk (CV-63) from Trumpeter at 1/350. It was my photographer friend who installed all the white background and the light for me and I took the photos, with various lighting; treat yourself;

dsc_2346.jpg

dsc_2347.jpg

dsc_2348.jpg

dsc_2349.jpg

dsc_2350.jpg

dsc_2351.jpg

dsc_2352.jpg

dsc_2353.jpg

dsc_2354.jpg

dsc_2355.jpg

dsc_2356.jpg

dsc_2357.jpg

dsc_2358.jpg

dsc_2359.jpg

dsc_2360.jpg

And just for the fun

final_10.jpg

Honestly, I am very happy to have finished this assembly and to be able to have this finished model in my room! I didn't think that one day I would be able to ride this kind of thing (ok, now I'm clam down), but anyway, I hope you had fun following this building as much as I have. had to build it,
See you soon for the U-Boot,
Vincent

• Like 17

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That really is a superb model that when photographed at the right angle and with the right backdrop is hard to distinguish for the real thing.

I must ask though.  What is the large red/white striped flag.  I can see it in the photo of the ship herself but have never seen anything like that before.

Best rgds

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

That really is a superb model that when photographed at the right angle and with the right backdrop is hard to distinguish for the real thing.

I must ask though.  What is the large red/white striped flag.  I can see it in the photo of the ship herself but have never seen anything like that before.

Best rgds

I whole heartedly agree a fantastic build.

See here for an explanation of the "First Navy Jack": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Navy_Jack

• Thanks 1

Thanks 👍.  Never come across that before despite years of operating alongside the US Navy both Atlantic and Pacific fleets but looking at the dates, while I was predominantly at sea they flew the blue jack and I never worked with any of the ships entitled to fly the First Navy Jack while they were the oldest in commission.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Most impressive work.

Great detail work, a convincing weathering and every single aircraft of the air wing is an eye catcher inclusive some very colorful ones.

:wow::clap2:

• 1 year later...

Very nice bit of work there Vin.  Just came across this as doing a bit of research on the Kitty Hawk.  I have one in my stash and will get to it someday (I've got a few Aircraft to do first).  I'll be back here for inspiration. 

Colin

Toutes mes félicitations de l'outre-Sarine sur ce forum internet anglais! ;)

I do enjoy especially the view along the flight deck: looks very realistic with the braking marks and crowded with all that equipment...