Supercarrier USS Kitty Hawk (CV-63) - Trumpeter - 1/350

Hello there,

Here a build I complete 3 months ago, the american supercarrier USS Kitty Hawk from Trumpeter at 1/350 scale! I work on this kit 15 months, after buying it to celebrate the end of high school.

The kit is really good, with a good assembling (very little putty is needed), and I have completed it woth 6 sets of 1/350 aircrafts (the kit contained at maximum 15 aircrafts) (There is actualy 45 aircrafts on the deck), 8 sets of photoetch from Eduard, 2 sets of resin crew figures (180 figures on the deck) , 2 official patches of the ship (from Ebay), and a friend of mine print me in 3D the plate that I have painted. For the paint, I have used a mix of differents tamiya's colors for the bridge, and for the hull and the tower, the Mr Hobby/Gunze FS references.

Here the build  (from a Swiss Forum) : https://romandiemaquettisme.forumgratuit.ch/t389-supercarrier-uss-kitty-hawk-cv-63-trumpeter-1-350

And the pics;

dsc_2187.jpg

dsc_2188.jpg

dsc_2189.jpg

dsc_2190.jpg

dsc_2191.jpg

dsc_2192.jpg

dsc_2193.jpg

To protect her from dust, the ship recieved a plexiglass protection.

dsc_2196.jpg

I have a friend who is a great photograph woth better material than mine, I will contact him for better pics,

That's it my friend,

Have a nice day and best regards,

Vincent

• Like 57
  • Thanks 3

Gidday Vincent, I think it's well worth protecting this model from dust, it would be a shame to see it ruined by it.

If I may make a suggestion regarding photos, next time remove that speaker from behind the model if you can, and try to have a plain background. That way the silhouette of the ship is more evident, with nothing to distract the viewers (us!). My thoughts anyway. You've done a very good model. Regards, Jeff.

I have to agree with AA, that is a beautiful model but there are so many distractions around it.   I would recommend taking those photos again, this time in the position where it is on the last image and with the glass case temporarily removed whilst photographing.  That way, we could all concentrate on that lovely detail and not its surroundings or reflections off the glass.

cheers,
Mike

Job well done.  What a beautiful model and display.  The pictures, as you already know, we’re a little soft.  I was trying to zoom in to see your wonderful flight deck, but could not see the detail.  Keep up the great work. 

On 14/09/2021 at 13:21, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Vincent, I think it's well worth protecting this model from dust, it would be a shame to see it ruined by it.

If I may make a suggestion regarding photos, next time remove that speaker from behind the model if you can, and try to have a plain background. That way the silhouette of the ship is more evident, with nothing to distract the viewers (us!). My thoughts anyway. You've done a very good model. Regards, Jeff.

Hi Jeff, thank you for the advices! I will try for the next time, here, this is provisional pics, soon better pictures will come 

On 14/09/2021 at 13:28, bootneck said:

I have to agree with AA, that is a beautiful model but there are so many distractions around it.   I would recommend taking those photos again, this time in the position where it is on the last image and with the glass case temporarily removed whilst photographing.  That way, we could all concentrate on that lovely detail and not its surroundings or reflections off the glass.

cheers,
Mike

Thanks Mike, next time, I promise better pics !! I will do my best 

On 14/09/2021 at 16:18, robgizlu said:

Congratulations - what a Super build!

Rob

Thank you Rob 

On 14/09/2021 at 17:34, Goji308 said:

Job well done.  What a beautiful model and display.  The pictures, as you already know, we’re a little soft.  I was trying to zoom in to see your wonderful flight deck, but could not see the detail.  Keep up the great work. 

Hi Brian, thank you ! I have to find a better way to post my pics with the full resolution, but I don't know how. on the other forums, I use serving, but here, it doesnt work 

Beautiful work - I love the weathering, showing her age but not over the top, great stuff. A supercarrier with a busy flight-deck is a thing to behold.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello there,

it's been a while, hasn't it? 4 months (almost 5) to take pictures, I agree, it deserves a penance, but what do you want, I dragged my a** (for no valid reason ...) because I am a slacker ...

But be assured, your patience will be rewarded, since finally, here are the final photos of the aircraft carrier USS Kitty Hawk (CV-63) from Trumpeter at 1/350. It was my photographer friend who installed all the white background and the light for me and I took the photos, with various lighting; treat yourself;

dsc_2346.jpg

dsc_2347.jpg

dsc_2348.jpg

dsc_2349.jpg

dsc_2350.jpg

dsc_2351.jpg

dsc_2352.jpg

dsc_2353.jpg

dsc_2354.jpg

dsc_2355.jpg

dsc_2356.jpg

dsc_2357.jpg

dsc_2358.jpg

dsc_2359.jpg

dsc_2360.jpg

And just for the fun

final_10.jpg

Honestly, I am very happy to have finished this assembly and to be able to have this finished model in my room! I didn't think that one day I would be able to ride this kind of thing (ok, now I'm clam down), but anyway, I hope you had fun following this building as much as I have. had to build it,
See you soon for the U-Boot,
Vincent

• Like 6

That is  mutch  mutch  better   - very clear and easy to see whats going on now  on oyur Amazing build  - even the  deck crew have thier own  differences.

Well  done  Superb job.

Erk.