bolton show 2022

dickbarton99

Afternoon @dickbarton99 Was told similar a little over two weeks ago. Conformation received Saturday last, from the man who keeps the IPMS 'future shows' part of the web site updated, and happens to be one of our club members. Reasons given are the Draconian rules being implemented by the stadium owners, to whit, deep clean of the area both before and after the show, NO food and a massive restriction in the numbers allowed. Put simply, profit and loss.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, PhoenixII said:

Afternoon @dickbarton99 Was told similar a little over two weeks ago. Conformation received Saturday last, from the man who keeps the IPMS 'future shows' part of the web site updated, and happens to be one of our club members. Reasons given are the Draconian rules being implemented by the stadium owners, to whit, deep clean of the area both before and after the show, NO food and a massive restriction in the numbers allowed. Put simply, profit and loss.

I believe they gave similar reasons last year.

Duncan B

2 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

A great shame, but in the coming months this might seem like fundamental common sense.

I think a venue is foolish if it puts in place a load of restrictions that nobody else has, all it will do is lose bookings.

Edited by 3DStewart
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 3DStewart said:

I think a venue is foolish if it puts in place a load of restrictions that nobody else has, all it will do is lose bookings.

As much as I can see where your coming from, any venue which is identified as a source of new Covid infections will be adversely affected for many years afterwards. On an official level, the venue will be very keen to be seen to be doing everything it can to combat the virus spreading. The measures they're proposing might seem over-the-top right now, but in a few months might appear entirely reasonable. Also, there is no way of predicting we won't be in another Lockdown in January next year. This situation is VERY far from being over.  

Chris. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, 3DStewart said:

The venue is the Bolton Wanderers FC Ground........don't think they'll loose sleep over what is very small beer in the grand scheme of things.

As you say no sleep lost by the venue, but they're more likely to become a Covid hotspot on a Saturday afternoon than through a scale modelling event & I'll bet they don't deep clean after those events.

42 minutes ago, Circloy said:

more likely to become a Covid hotspot on a Saturday afternoon than through a scale modelling event & I'll bet they don't deep clean after those events.

Now, that's a very good point. I was talking to someone who had friends who attended the first really big match at Wembley a while ago, which the government allowed as a "test event". He told me that both of them caught the virus whilst at the match. I can't believe that so many folks are walking around and acting like it's all over...

Chris. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spruecutter96 said:

I can't believe that so many folks are walking around and acting like it's all over

I seriously think some people have never understood the situation.

Nipped into Glossop Aldi @ lunch to pick up a few bits, queueing at the till I didn't catch the start of the conversation between the couple in front & the member of staff but the staff member made it clear that he thought the screens at the till had been a waste of time & money & the couple agreed.  Guess where I'm not shopping again

• Like 1

I think a part of the issue with Covid is that it will be a very abstract concept for some people. You can't see it, smell it or taste it and there are some folks out there who almost never pay any attention to the news. Then there's the Covid-deniers - I could think of a many, many good, descriptive words for those great-intellects-of-our-time, but NONE of them are useable in a forum such as this.   

I have known one person who died from it and three people who contracted it and fortunately survived. It's real, folks, and it won't be going away for a very long time, yet.    

Chris. 

• Like 1