J 26 - Mustang in 1/48 and.. Possibly 1/32..

not too bad.  

I just use a 0.2 needle/nozzle for everything, especially with MRP or super thin mixes of other paints, plus I like to run really low pressure as well. Seems to work nicely for me. Though I will admit the nozzle is getting on a bit now so probably closer to 0.3mm (need to buy new set).

The nicest thing I've found with MRP paint, is the way you can build up the colour over pre-shading panel lines and panels. 

• Like 1

Yeah for those paints I should use 0.2. :) I´ve done some more testing to not ruin the model and I am very happy with the paints! Here it is more up to me (unlike those Hunter blast deflectors! ;) )

Pre-shade will hopefully be done during the weekend (planned it after but..)

• Like 1

• Like 2

Thanks Bosse. :)

Used some panel line was - but it´s not great. Probably due to the Flat Clear from Gunze I used before a coat of Alclad II Aqua Gloss? It is too matt I think. I should have used a gloss one...

51561056623_2890dc189c_b.jpg

But i think it can still be okay-ish. Just need to touch up a bit.

51560810361_e79de78bb1_b.jpg

Also got the red paint on the fin fillét done. :)

• Like 6

Yeah - I think the UMP wash will fix that? :) Was thinking the same.. Just have to wait for the coat to dry - gave it a Klear Gloss Alclad coat this time..Done a bit on the undercarriage(Alclad grey plus high Speed Silver - not the best choice but wanted to try that one.. Might be decent after some washes)

Been working on the gear and prop.. Found a good post answered by Edgar (miss him) on the measurements for the yellow tips (on Spitfires?). And since I´m stupid I misread it and used the 1/32 ones... Damn.. Lesson for the next one! These are too big by about 1 mm? Tamiya XF-3 straight up and X-18 for the black..

Spinner is a mix of X-14 and XF-8Had to repaint it three times since it came out too dark. And it is not a perfect match now but I like the shade.. ;)  (Bad lightning here)

51564705062_a70a93a498_b.jpg

I do like Airfix´s decals for the hamiltotn Standard etc. The yellow text is part of the icon. Thumbs up!

• Like 5

Thanks but.. I feel like i rushed it and made a subpar job.. But I always do that and I don´t think I can do better.. ;)  I need to practice..

8And she is almost done - probably done on Monday, I have to work the evening tomorrow..

Oh - I love the colours by the way, both the blue-grey and the green-brown (?).  Same as on the A 32A and J 35B I have in ste stash. And repainted J 34s (Hawker Hunter). First time using them and I am glad I have more! ;)

• Like 1

Canopy green looked real bad (too light, need more layers) so have to re.mask, and re-paint.. Antenna yet to be attached.. And the weathering needs to be done after the exhasust stacks were in place.. And the ones at the MGs, not great in real life, look even worse under the lights and phot.. 😕 Need to look at that..

But it´s getting somewhere.. Told dad he needs to adopt it or I bin it.. ;) And he promised to find space for her.. ;) Some day I´ll revisit that subject.

Some things I do like - the decal (!) walkway.. SOme of the green..  Er..

51574027771_6372d540cf_b.jpg

Well, I like the subject and the kit - was a bit unfair at it. And read in Model Aircraft Extra - Building the Mustang, that this kit can become a bit "twisted", the tail.. So it was not just me..We´ll see how i mess up an Eduard kit soon.. ;)

• Like 4

I really like this a lot!!!  :thumbsup:

Really great job on the paintwork, looks spot on, and the underside shading is perfect. The top with the darker colour is hard to get right and still get the colour/shade you need. You have to use black for the panel line, then use white to highlight the panels, then just gradually mist on coats of the main colour. I a lot of cases more effort that it's worth in the end.

But fantastic work!

• Like 1

Thanks. :) Yeah I would need to practice that method, never done it but I watched some YT-vids the last days with it.. I need to try but on this was not the best opportunity.

Ah, it´s alright. I always rush and then regret doing that.. ;) Need to calm down a bit..

Ah that´s the worst part, I have built aircraft before.. ;)

I built, like many, Airfix and Matchbox as a kid.. The Hurricane IIc from Matchbox was my fav, built a couple after my dad built and painted one (with extra bombs on) for me. Played with my aircraft (and his old!) alot. Best memories was chasing each other, me, my brother and one of his buddies, in the garden. We had a couple of aircraft each, in between "sorties" hid them under strawberrie bushies in the vegetable patch (which looked really cool!)..

Anyways. I then went on and played Games Workshop games for quite some time. Did not paint much, did not enjoy that - but i converted loads which I really liked.. Later played some Flames of War (which I DID enjoy painting!) and then left it all.. Some years ago, I came back, buying an Airfix 1/72 Mustang, brush painted it and then ina  frenzy, another dozen 1/72s until I realized 1/48 was for me..

Made a few with rattle cans and then bought an airbrush a few years ago but studies and work made it kinda erratic. The last model I finished was  JA 37, Tarangus three years ago..  I have an AJ built, needing painting. Same with that Tamiya P-51D.. I´ve done less than 10 1/48.

There are loads of techniques I´ve yet to try though. The only weathering is with UMP/Flory washes really. So I need to try out some new stuff, one new thing per build? :)

The conversion-work on the J 34 put me off a little bit, otherwise I would jump ontop of it right away.. Now, I am actually thinking about a Tamiya P-47M.. (Josephine My Flying Machine). or an Eduard P-51D (Daddy´s Girl).. We´ll see..

/Random rabblings.. ;)

But thanks for the kind words! :D

• Like 2

Those were quite nice shades, colours.. But I also like the RAf P-51Ds. :) In the day fighter scheme. There was a force landed one in my home town, the top scorer, RAF pilot in those even. (MacPherson iirc) Wanted to build that one. I think it was an IVa/K.

Started my P-47M but I was really tempted to start an Eduard and build either "Old Dirty Man" or "Dirty Dick" - which I kinda think suits me after all the pin-ups I have for other subjects.. ;)

• Like 1