Op. Corporate SHAR yellow wing stripes

pacificmustang

G’day All 

Im currently in the final throes of Kinetics SEA harrier FRS1, to be completed as a Falklands jet.

Mention  is made in several references of yellow wingtip stripes, but I can find no photos or mention anywhere of placement or size of these stripes

can anyone help out ? 
cheers

Bruce 

4 hours ago, pacificmustang said:

G’day All 

Im currently in the final throes of Kinetics SEA harrier FRS1, to be completed as a Falklands jet.

Mention  is made in several references of yellow wingtip stripes, but I can find no photos or mention anywhere of placement or size of these stripes

can anyone help out ? 
cheers

Bruce 

Only yellow stripes were on Argentine aircraft IIRC.

Selwyn

• Like 2

13 hours ago, pacificmustang said:

G’day All 

can anyone help out ? 
cheers

Bruce 

They are referring to the small stripes at the front of the mainplane RCV access panels.  In the kit I believe that they are orange though I have not checked mine yet,  : -

spacer.png

Also on quite a few GR.3's :-

spacer.png

Above images courtesy Phil Boyden (top) and Harrier SIG.

HTH

Dennis

• Like 11

Spot on Dennis! Good to hear from you after so long!

Not all Falklands FRS1s or GR3s had them and some FRS1s only had them on one side due to overpainting. Bruce, which airframe are you making your model as? Let me know and I’ll tell you if you need to have them on it.

Cheers

Nick

G’day Dennis and Nick

thankyou for the excellent photos and a definitive answer. I had in my mind they were a chord wide stripe, which wouldn’t have made sense, because as Selwyn says, the Argie aircraft  had them .

Nick , I’m away from home at the moment so can’t remember off the top of my head, but it is an overall EDSG jet with MSG replacement rudder and port front nozzle. It had the sidewinder adapters painted blue

I am using the extradecal 25th anniversary sheet. There is an excellent instruction sheet in it written by yourself calling out that this jet had the stripes, I’m assuming both wings? 

I intend to load it with tanks, 2 x sidewinders and a bomb on the centre pylon, although if you know of any other load outs this jet used that are not the norm, I’d do that if I thought it more interesting 

Thanks Chaps

Bruce 

Edited by pacificmustang

• 2 weeks later...