RDAF F-16BM JSF Test Support - HASEGAWA 1/72

Evening gents

Okay, so I’m going to ask right away – @trickyrich can we have an extension please 🤣 

Anyhow, this will be my humble contribution to this long awaited and highly anticipated Nordic II GB, which I will (likely) start and (hopefully) finish. 

2ee70730de8ab21b0bf81c673dac5abc.jpg

I’ll be doing only the F-16, as I already did the Lynx for the first Nordic GB (a lovely kit by the way). Wanted to post some more pictures of the kit, but Pinterest has gone mad so I will have to find a new photo host first. 

There is obviously a story behind the decoration of the vertical stab of this aircraft, which I will get back to later. But as can be read on the top of the tail, this specific aircraft was used to support the F-35 JSF test campaign. 

Think I have the paints sorted, so actually there is no excuse for not getting started now.

Thanks for following! 

Cheers

Johnny b

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

no worries at all Johnny, you can have an extension......... as long as you finish this build in time! :fight:

Oooo an F-16 with a colourful tail, very nice!! 

There's nothing stopping you from building another Lynx, or even building both....except life!  I keep telling everyone building model first..... and everything else fits around it!! :D

Good luck with the build, i'm sure you'll complete her in time......... I will almost guarantee it! :whip: 

2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

no worries at all Johnny, you can have an extension......... as long as you finish this build in time! :fight:

Understood boss, failure is not an option :hanging: 

Now regarding that lockdown of yours - get vaccinated now - we’re planning a trip down under next August and I expect the borders to be open 🇦🇺 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Grandboof said:

Good to see another of your builds started .

Martin H

Thank you Martin 🙂

Regarding the colourful tail, this particular aircraft ET-210 was based at Edwards AFB for some years, where it contributed to the F-35 test campaign as a chase plane. There is a nice little video on youtube, for those who would be interested in the story. 

There's a lot of stuff in the box, but as per the instructions quite a lot of parts will not be used on this version of the F-16. 

RLmnapT.jpg

I'm trying out a new photo host (Imgur), so please let me know in case you can't see the photo of the box and its content above.

Cheers

Johnny b 

• Like 7

On 9/13/2021 at 9:01 PM, desert falcon said:

Now regarding that lockdown of yours - get vaccinated now - we’re planning a trip down under next August and I expect the borders to be open 🇦🇺 

been there done that already...... am waiting for them to open too, then off to Japan!!! :yahoo:

39 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

been there done that already...... am waiting for them to open too, then off to Japan!!! :yahoo:

Japan is nice too! For us it’s Western Australia next summer and hopefully before that it’s off to Mauritius for some sun during the Christmas holidays 🏖️

On 9/16/2021 at 5:21 PM, desert falcon said:

Japan is nice too! For us it’s Western Australia next summer and hopefully before that it’s off to Mauritius for some sun during the Christmas holidays 🏖️

oh ok...... they'll probably be the last state to open up, even for us here!! They're a strange lot over that side, they see themselves as a different country almost!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1