Jaguar T.2 in ETPS scheme, modified Italeri 1/72 kit

I needed a break from grey RAF fighters! The ETPS schemes are always a nice change. Here's the old Italeri 1/72 kit with a slightly hybrid livery - I don't think XX145 was ever in this (newer?) version of the scheme, but if she's ever restored and repainted, who knows! Mostly built OOB but with a little aftermarket etch from Eduard, and resin seats and wheels (can't remember where from though, as I started the build ages ago). Decals were from the Air Decal "Raspberry Ripple" sheet which I found on eBay, over Hataka Red Line acrylic airbrushed paints.

I'm not sure if the various shortcomings in fit and finish are from the kit or my lack of skill, although it was certainly much more of a struggle than the last kit (the fantastic Airfix GR9). Don't peer too closely! Thanks for looking (from a distance).

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

And with a previous T.2 (Hasegawa kit)...

spacer.png

Edited by The Shearwater
  • Like 48

Actually, I think it stands up rather well under close examination. I don't see anything to complain about. I've always liked the Jaguar two-seaters better than the single-seaters and your model shows their lines very nicely. I'm impressed with your paint work. The red, white and blue look great!

Edited by SAT69
misspelled "liked"
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Excellent Jaguar!

Always thought the Jag' to be a most beautiful and elegant looking aircraft (though never seen in Australian skies).

Your fantastic build confirms that beauty, in my view.

:clap2::clap2:

• Thanks 1

I've really got a soft spot for the ETPS markings from being made to watch Test Pilot by my dad back in the 80s (naturally, I watch it by choice on YouTube these days). I'd say undoubtedly that you've done an excellent job with a tricky scheme :like: 

11 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Actually, I think it stands up rather well under close examination. I don't see anything to complain about. I've always liked the Jaguar two-seaters better than the single-seaters and your model shows their lines very nicely. I'm impressed with your paint work. The red, white and blue look great!

Thank you, I agree the two-seaters are nicer looking too!

7 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Not the easiest colors to work with.  Wonderful subject and excellent results!  How was the Hataka acrylic paint, especially with masking?

That’s kind, thanks. I’ve only used Hataka since starting airbrushing last year and I’ve found them absolutely fine. This set was ‘modern RAF test and aerobatic aircraft’ so perfect colour matching. Initial masking results were excellent, it was only later that I started messing up on detail areas (largely over-applying paint, then trying to remove and respray).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, aerotechi said:

Looks a great build. I do like the test and school schemes. 

Thank you!

6 hours ago, kapam said:

Excellent Jaguar!

Always thought the Jag' to be a most beautiful and elegant looking aircraft (though never seen in Australian skies).

Your fantastic build confirms that beauty, in my view.

:clap2::clap2:

Thanks 👍

4 hours ago, Bobby No Mac said:

I've really got a soft spot for the ETPS markings from being made to watch Test Pilot by my dad back in the 80s (naturally, I watch it by choice on YouTube these days). I'd say undoubtedly that you've done an excellent job with a tricky scheme :like: 

Thank you 👍

4 hours ago, Bobby No Mac said:

Thank you 👍

Just add my tuppenny ha'penny worth agreeing with the above complimentary comments.   Really nice painting and finishing.

I'm another that thinks the T-Bird jag is better looking than the single seater and a very attractive aircraft all round.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Fritag said:

Just add my tuppenny ha'penny worth agreeing with the above complimentary comments.   Really nice painting and finishing.

I'm another that thinks the T-Bird jag is better looking than the single seater and a very attractive aircraft all round.  

Thank you. (Can’t actually think of any other 2-seaters which look nicer than their single-seat siblings!)

On 13/09/2021 at 21:00, Spitfire31 said:

Very attractive Jaguar! The livery really suits her, and among two-seaters she's got very nice lines (as opposed to i.a. the Saab SK 37 Viggen).

Slick work!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks, it’s definitely one of the best 2-seat shapes around!

• Like 1