F-14 A Plus aka F-14B - in the KUTA

PeterB

My second Tomcat is the Italeri 1990 boxing of their 1988 moulding and is for a low-vis F-14A Plus, later re-named the F-14B and is a far simpler kit than the Fujimi one - not that many stencils but I do have a Microscale/Superscale decal sheet of low-vis stencils for the F-14 if needed. I will probably have a lot of spares if anybody wants them!

DSC05740-crop

Again, more when I start.

Pete

• Like 16

As you say Pete this is a significantly simpler kit than the Fujimi but still looks like a Tomcat. It'll be interesting watching your progress with both :) 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Due to medical problems I have been rather slow in starting this and it will have to transfer to the KUTA GB to be finished, but I have made some progress. The cockpit is a lot less detailed than the Fujimi one and there are no decs for the IP but I have painted it up rather crudely and it looks fairly adequate once buttoned up.

DSC05872-crop DSC05874-crop

The seats are pretty basic and I may have a shot at adding the top handles from wire later - we will see how I feel at the time.

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 5

• PeterB changed the title to F-14 A Plus aka F-14B - Started!

Sorry to hear you've been having health issues Pete but hope you are feeling better now. Perhaps the extended deadline date will help your cause to get this one done :)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having rather less parts than the Fujimi one I am building, this is going together rather easier.

DSC05890-crop

With the rather more convential rear fuselage construction the fit is not bad and I will probably do this one with the wings swept back as it hides the gaping hole that would otherwise be visible.

Cheers

Pete

• Like 2

• PeterB changed the title to F-14 A Plus aka F-14B - in the KUTA