Dragon 88mm 1/35

Ozzy

thought I’d share this with you all as I’ve not been very active up this neck of the woods for a while. Built back in February , it’s part of a larger project with a Trumpeter Artillery Tractor and a Plus model’s bridge. It’s all OOB with nothing added.

19-E8-E477-C552-4-CCE-B71-B-225-DB1-A2-F

2-E758-FA8-FD74-47-C5-B72-E-DF47-B1-B757

4-BFDA849-5272-45-C3-B46-C-549-EE2-F4252

A2-A9244-A-9-AB8-4-D5-E-B0-A8-1-AE753-DC

AA8-EF46-C-297-A-4-C15-B721-1-EEA9280-D2

BBFB0866-64-A2-4-FEE-8-C41-C06-CE6938-FA

C65-D01-D0-34-A8-4-DF6-99-EB-C8-A4-EEFBE

D008-F55-A-0708-496-A-BAE3-E368-FCF21259

D1-AF70-C6-0-E45-4-E27-8-F55-7-E13-BDCB3

DA8225-D2-87-D0-4-B35-A6-F5-02-F5-FE3-D3

EC4-D0-D2-E-0197-458-B-92-CD-25-A26-AF69

F260-A5-D9-3-F17-4410-8-BA9-DEF14-DB52-E

• Like 27

3 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Nice work Ozzy. It looks really good (Good to see you back here again. It's been a bit sparse just lately).

John.

Thanks John,

ive been lurking down in the GB area most of the year, I thought it was about time I posted some of my non GB builds. 

• Like 1

Nice finish and well crewed. How did you find the build? I have been wondering about one of these for a while, but recall reading that it was more confusing to build than typical Dragon.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StuartH said:

Nice job. I particularly like the grubby and authentic feel to this model 👍

Thanks Stuart,

I wanted to portray a late war Gun made up of various other Guns, either late 44 or early 45 melting snow around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neilspen said:

Nice finish and well crewed. How did you find the build? I have been wondering about one of these for a while, but recall reading that it was more confusing to build than typical Dragon.

Thanks Neilpen.

Ive built the kit before a number of years ago, I found the kit on an online auction site for a very good price. I might be immune to Dragons confusing instructions? as I’ve built a number of their kits over the years. I found it went together really well and the instructions weren’t that bad, re jigged the figures to the position on the Gun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Planes123 said:

Great model. Figures look impeccable. What paints did use and how they applied.

Thanks

T

Thanks T,

I hand painted the figures using Vallejo paints, for the white I can used Tamiya.

07-C696-EA-842-B-42-BC-9985-C4-D82404331

1-D166-F9-A-DE8-E-4-A82-8032-23-FB64-BD4

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Great job as always Ozzy. A very atmospheric build. Very well done.

Kind regards,

Stix 

Thanks Stix, 

I should pull my finger out and finish off the half track.

Hi Ozzy,

Good to see this close up. You've achieved a nice, realisticm dirty look, given the weather and circumstances, and I particularly like the uniform camo. I'm kind of itching to make my Tamiya 88 and sd.kfz 7 now. But, no, no, no! I must NOT!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Badder said:

Hi Ozzy,

Good to see this close up. You've achieved a nice, realisticm dirty look, given the weather and circumstances, and I particularly like the uniform camo. I'm kind of itching to make my Tamiya 88 and sd.kfz 7 now. But, no, no, no! I must NOT!

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder,

I thought I’d practice my camera skills. I’m particularly pleased with how the uniforms turned out and the difference the miss matched uniforms bring the build to life.

19 hours ago, diablo rsv said:

Very nice Ozzy, I shall look forward to seeing the tractor unit.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne,

I’m almost there on the tractor unit, just adding personal weapons and webbing.

• Like 1

I missed this when it was posted. Very nice indeed Oz.  Online I have seen (but can't find now) a photo of a Flak 88 on a bridge firing across the river, hastily set up as your build; was something similar your inspiration for your projected diorama?

• Like 1

On 13/10/2021 at 07:21, Natter said:

I missed this when it was posted. Very nice indeed Oz.  Online I have seen (but can't find now) a photo of a Flak 88 on a bridge firing across the river, hastily set up as your build; was something similar your inspiration for your projected diorama?

Thanks Dave,

I will have another look, I’ve seen a few on documentaries with the wheels off but not firing. I want to portray the bunny sense of urgency of getting into action.

20 hours ago, noelh said:

That  looks  great.

Cheers Noelh